The Mystery Shopping thread - VIII

Options

Comments

• mysterious_girl
    mysterious_girl Posts: 1,859 Forumite
    Options
    Here I am everyone! Found you!!!!!

Off to get a burger and find out about a phone package in a supermarket. Not the best day fee-wise but I was really lucky over the weekend and got a few really quick well paying jobs so I suppose you have to take the good with the bad. :p
  • 82much
    82much Posts: 396 Forumite
    Options
    mornin all! well at least all those that have a compass and map!! probably a good thing if some get lost on the way :rotfl::rotfl:

had email re petrol from ABAi but I cannot see any available or even booked! Can anyone else see any? Maybe its stupid me!! :rolleyes:
  • mharzuk
    mharzuk Posts: 1,232 Forumite
    Options
    82much wrote: »
    mornin all! well at least all those that have a compass and map!! probably a good thing if some get lost on the way :rotfl::rotfl:

had email re petrol from ABAi but I cannot see any available or even booked! Can anyone else see any? Maybe its stupid me!! :rolleyes:
    Yes I can see 6 pages of them. Are you searching with the *?
    Couldn't think of anything witty to say so just keeping the space until I can :(
    Stripper No 7 in HCSC :D
  • IlonaRN
    IlonaRN Posts: 1,029 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    82much wrote: »
    I can see a few, but none close to me :(
  • ellie9ellie
    ellie9ellie Posts: 684 Forumite
    Options
    Hollypear wrote: »
    Oh fine Ellie. I have done that one too. You get reimbursed all your costs so don't worry. Funny I registered with AA but never get anything from them but get AA jobs via another company. Strange way to work.

And to heck with the credit crunch. Spent this weekend booking a holiday. Going next January to a cruise from Sharm El Sheikh, cruise to Luxor, Jordan (Petra) and Cairo. On a luxury cruise ship. Ooohhh the food. The buffet is open 24 hours a day.
    Then a nice week in Sharm at the Jaz Mirabel.

I hate January anyway. Xmas is past and summer is so far away.

Ooh you jammy little madam - sounds wonderful. Not that I'm jealous in the slightest.

Got a query as well. I'm updating my CV as when I go back to work next month I have a 4 week consultation period and then it's likely I'll be made redundant - so I need to update the old one. Anyway - would you put in the interest and hobbies section the fact that I mystery shop. I think it shows that I have discretion, attention to detail etc. I don't work in retail etc so no chance of me mystery shopping my new firm (if I get another job that is lol)
  • mharzuk
    mharzuk Posts: 1,232 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh you jammy little madam - sounds wonderful. Not that I'm jealous in the slightest.

Got a query as well. I'm updating my CV as when I go back to work next month I have a 4 week consultation period and then it's likely I'll be made redundant - so I need to update the old one. Anyway - would you put in the interest and hobbies section the fact that I mystery shop. I think it shows that I have discretion, attention to detail etc. I don't work in retail etc so no chance of me mystery shopping my new firm (if I get another job that is lol)
    I have put it in an into paragraph along with attending University full time. I find it does give a good opener and people are really interested. Also it is best to declare these things up front. And anyway its not a hobby, its bloody hard work at times and you deserve the credit for what you do.
    Couldn't think of anything witty to say so just keeping the space until I can :(
    Stripper No 7 in HCSC :D
  • IlonaRN
    IlonaRN Posts: 1,029 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I recently updated my CV, and put mystery shopping in the "Interests" section, along with a short description of what is involved.
  • 82much
    82much Posts: 396 Forumite
    Options
    mharzuk wrote: »
    Yes I can see 6 pages of them. Are you searching with the *?

Yes, tried all ways but still getting nothing. I'll drop them a message as maybe there's something wrong.

Thanks for replying
  • sarahs999
    sarahs999 Posts: 3,751 Forumite
    Options
    RE called me yet again. Apparently giving the actual name, ethnicity, hair colour and size of the person who served me was not enough. They need to know actual height. Do they want me to go in there with a tape measure? What planet are they on? What's wrong with 'short' or 'average height'? I'm useless at estimating height as I'm short myself so everyone else just looks taller. And seriously, if they've got the name, what's the big deal??!
  • ellie9ellie
    ellie9ellie Posts: 684 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I'll definetely keep it in and I'll add a bit to it to show exactly what I do - and yes your right - it is bloody hard work sometimes x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure