DVLA / Inter-credit Fine

Options
14567810»

Comments

• redlion_2
    redlion_2 Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 2 November 2013 at 1:12PM
    Options
    I received the ubiquitous ICI debt recovery letter today demanding £80 in respect of a motorcycle I own which they claim is unlicensed. The motorcycle has been previously Sorn'd and I re Sorn'd it after receiving the V11 reminder using the online facility. I have the email confirmation and the date of the Sorn is prior to the expiry date on the V11. Would I be correct in thinking that at this stage I should ignore ICI and take the matter up with DVLA and if so should I send correspondence by recorded delivery or would certificate of posting be sufficient? Judging by previous posts it would seem that the DVLA is reluctant to clear these matters up and if so should I just adopt the "I'll see you in court" approach?
    I would like to thank all those who have posted such a lot of useful information to this thread as I would have been a bit lost without it.
  • 99loki99
    Options
    I got letters from ICIL which I treated with utter contempt and completely ignored. The pattern was as follows: letter no 1 ~ standard threats, letter no 2 ~ more threats, letter no 3 ~ even more threats, letter number 4 (now from a private investigation agency suspiciously at the same postcode) ~ threats about solicitors and credit ratings, letter no 5 ~ letter from a solicitor (I googled the name and they do exist), letter number 6 (now from to inter credit intl again) ~ threats of the apocalypse! Letter no 7 from ICIL ~ a letter pleading for me to get in touch and work out a payment plan. No more letters...
  • N4poleon
    Options
    Unfortunately I seem to be a victim of this too. I sold the vehicle in question years ago to a dealer in a part exchange deal. I definitely sent off the slip and will be throwing this letter in the bin. Is there a template reply letter to make these idiots leave me alone?
  • Malc2169
    Options
    I've had similar letters, asking for £80 for an Outstanding Late Licensing Penalty.

First arrived dated 20/10/2014, then a second dated 28/10/2014. After the second one, I wrote them a polite letter stating I dispute the penalty and I await a court summons.

This was ignored, the third arrived dated 06/11/2014, and a fourth dated 24/11/2014. After the fourth, I wrote to them again but this not being anywhere near so polite. I told them, under no circumstances am I paying any penalty charge (fine) that has not been issued by a Court of Law, and to basically cease contacting me directly in this way. I went on to say upon receipt of any more letters of this nature, I will be taking legal proceedings of my own against them directly for harassment. As of 21/4/2015 I have yet to hear from them again.

They are chancers - I would urge anyone and everyone to stand firm against them and DO NOT pay any "fine" they issue. They have absolutely no right or power to do so. Stand firm, be strong in your will not to be taken advantage of, and you'll be fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure