We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

New to Saving with ING direct

Options
124»

Comments

• Rabbitx
    Rabbitx Posts: 310 Forumite
    Options
    How did you find out that it just takes 3 working days?
  • melb
    melb Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would be interested to know this as well - I've just decided to close my account after suddenly realising I'm only getting 0.5%
  • Joe_Bloggs
    Joe_Bloggs Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    I am sick and tired of getting three letters per week from ING advertising their savings rates. It seems clear to me that you get a better deal as a new saver rather than an existing saver. I would close my accounts now but the computer system access is unavailable to call centre staff at present.
    J_B.
    All should be fixed in an hour or so.
  • Lokolo_2
    Lokolo_2 Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    I was a former Kaupthing customer and my fixed rate savings was taken over ING. I am getting 7.6% for the next 2 years so I will be staying put!

I assume you are talking about fixed rate 3yr investment? I also have this and am glad that i locked into it at the time. But ING's current instant access accounts are rubbish, i am only staying with them until my 6month Kaupthing bonus period is up, then all the money will come out and go into a better interest paying account.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Rabbitx wrote: »
    How did you find out that it just takes 3 working days?
    Simple- i just asked them! as i had left £1.50 in my a/c and wanted to apply for the new 3%(nearly) including the 1.64% bonus for new customers only.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport