We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

New to Saving with ING direct

Options

Comments

• DemiDee
    DemiDee Posts: 524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In 'best savings accounts' on this site, ING Direct is listed as:

ING Direct 2.75%. From £1. Inc. 2.2% GUARANTEED bonus for a year

ING Direct*
    pays new customers 2.75% AER from £1, with no max. Here, 2.22% is a fixed introductory bonus, lasting a year. Current predictions suggest savings rates will keep falling, so this ensures at least 2.22% interest for twelve months, with instant access.

I have just been in touch to check exactly what my rate is, and have been told that it's 1.46% guaranteed, plus a (currently 0.5%) variable rate. I opened the account in early March. So what happened to my 2.22% guaranteed interest?? Anyone else had the same??
  • sabretoothtigger
    sabretoothtigger Posts: 10,035 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You arent a new customer, you are an old march customer
  • savetilibleed
    savetilibleed Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 May 2009 at 8:12PM
    Options
    DemiDee wrote: »
    I have just been in touch to check exactly what my rate is, and have been told that it's 1.46% guaranteed, plus a (currently 0.5%) variable rate. I opened the account in early March. So what happened to my 2.22% guaranteed interest?? Anyone else had the same??
    1.46% will have been/must have been the 1 year bonus when you opened your account. It will stick at that for your year. In the same way, my bonus was 2.17% when I opened mine in January and it sticks (+ of course whatever the current variable rate is [0.5% now as you know]). Unless I suppose you close your account and open another at 2.75% bonus - don't know whether that would work or not. Perhaps someone here knows.

Apologies if I've stated the obvious - I didn't appreciate this business of the bonus staying put to start with, for the year.
  • nalin
    nalin Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone interested in opening an ING Direct Savings Account can benefit with £25 incentive.

The account shuld be opened before 30.5.2009, with minimum of £1.

Please contact me to take advantage of this offer.
  • nalin
    nalin Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    nalin wrote: »
    Anyone interested in opening an ING Direct Savings Account can benefit with £25 incentive.

The account shuld be opened before 30.5.2009, with minimum of £1.

Please contact me to take advantage of this offer.

No more requests please!

All 3 codes now gone!

Thanks for your interest and immediate responses.
  • anna_grant
    anna_grant Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I opened my savings account with ING Direct 45 days ago within the qualifying period to get the £20 bonus. Three phone calls later, I'm still waiting for the £20 despite it supposed to be credited within 28 days.

Each time I phone, they say that I'm entitled to the £20 and they'll send an e-mail to their Marketing Dept.

I'm getting very frustrated and said so to ING on Sunday. I asked what was the point of running these campaigns if they didn't follow through on their promises? And that it wasn't very good initial customer service.

How quickly have other people who went for this offer waited for the £20?
    ¿Alguien ha visto a mi nave espacial?

Biting is excellent. It's like kissing, only there's a winner.
  • rockclimber_2
    Options
    Hi there, I have one remaining set of promo codes for ING savings account for new customers paying 2.75% gross
    you need just £1 to open the account then you get £25 and I get £25
    they sent me 3. any stoozers??
    anyone interested can email me [EMAIL="hayesr@madasafish.com"]hayesr@madasafish.com[/EMAIL] i'll send them to you
    thanks,
    Paul
  • quatro
    quatro Posts: 197 Forumite
    Options
    I've taken my money out of ING now as I am sick of the way they do business and how they treat existing customers.
  • rockclimber_2
    Options
    Hi there, I have one remaining set of promo codes for ING savings account for new customers paying 2.75% gross
    you need just £1 to open the account then you get £25 and I get £25
    they sent me 3. any stoozers??
    anyone interested can email me [EMAIL="hayesr@madasafish.com"]hayesr@madasafish.com[/EMAIL] i'll send them to you
    thanks,

Codes are now sent out thanks for the interest

Paul:beer:
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ING are absolute pests for mucking existing customers about..........BUT close you a/c for 3 working days, you then become a NEW customer.........and can just wait for the next offer which will be just around the corner!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport