We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MealPlans WB 3rd May 2009

13

Comments

  • poppyjoe
    poppyjoe Posts: 174 Forumite
    Hi everyone

    I have been trying to menu plan for a while now but it never really seems to stick. So hopefully writing it down will help.

    Sunday - lentil soup and rolls
    Monday - sausage and bean caserole (already made and bubbling away nicely!)
    Tuesday - beef chilli calzone
    Wednesday - cauliflower soup and toast
    Thursday - spaghetti bolognaise
    Friday - Roasted veg pizza
    Saturday - Sweet chilli pork noodles

    Lunches - Cheese salad, ham salad sandwiches or pasta salad for OH
    Breakfast - Toast or cereal

    Snacks - Twinks hobnobs, gingerbread, honey and hazelnut loaf

    Now that I write it all down I think I am going to be spending quite a lot of time in the kitchen!

    Fingers crossed I can stick to it this time!
  • HariboJunkie
    HariboJunkie Posts: 7,740 Forumite
    Trying to empty the freezer again so.....

    Monday.... Lamb chops with wild garlic mash, HG sprouting broccoli, baby carrots, peas and couguette. Pudding.... Eton mess with frozen wild raspberries. :drool:

    Tuesday.... I'm away all day so am doing sausage casserole in the SC tonight. Served with crusty bread and salad.

    Wednesday.... Salmon fishcakes, new potatoes and greek salad.

    Thursday..... meatloaf with tomatoes sauce, baked potatoes, broccoli and cabbage.

    Friday.... Fake takeaway from Tesco's new take away indian range. 4 different curries reduced from £4.99 each to £1. :money: With naan bread from the freezer.

    Saturday... Kedgeree and salad.

    Sunday.... Roast beef slow cooked with roast mediteranean veg.

    Lunches.... Ham sarnies, HM pate on toast, pumpkin and coriander soup.

    Snacks..... HM scones, carrot cake muffins and lemon drizzle muffins.

    :D
  • focus888
    focus888 Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Im gonna buy the shopping on weds and it will have to last until the following friday. so here goes :)

    Weds - curry
    Thurs - Spaghetti Bolognaise
    Fri - Fish and veg
    Sat - chicken wings with veg
    Sun - Fry up :)
    Mon - Spaghetti
    Tues - Curry
    Weds - Fish and vegs
    Thurs - Fry up :)
    Fri - Chicken wings and veg
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Penny-Pincher!! Posts: 8,325 Forumite
    Some great mealplans there.

    Thanks everyone for joining in.

    PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • lexilex
    lexilex Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    Not posted on here before, I've been trying this out for a couple of weeks, more to do with been a bit more healthy than anything else, I find if I don't plan we end up eating rubbish last minute!

    Monday - Lemon chicken and noodles
    Tuesday - HM burgers in pittas, new potatoes and salad (peas and carrots for OH)
    Wednesday - HM fish cakes, potato wedges and baked beans (with hidden veg ;) for oh :rolleyes:)
    Thursday - Sausage pasta bake
    Friday - Chicken kebabs, jacket potatoes, salad (peas and carrots for OH)
    Saturday - Chicken in pittas, cold tomato pasta, salad (peas and carrots for OH - you get the idea)
    Sunday - Sunday lunch with minted lamb, yum yum.

    Breakfast - Special K rip off.

    Lunch - Turkey salad sandwiches, salads, cream crackers (they've become an obsession).

    Now, let's see if I stick to this!!
  • freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    lexilex wrote: »
    Not posted on here before, I've been trying this out for a couple of weeks, more to do with been a bit more healthy than anything else, I find if I don't plan we end up eating rubbish last minute!

    Monday - Lemon chicken and noodles
    Tuesday - HM burgers in pittas, new potatoes and salad (peas and carrots for OH)
    Wednesday - HM fish cakes, potato wedges and baked beans (with hidden veg ;) for oh :rolleyes:)
    Thursday - Sausage pasta bake
    Friday - Chicken kebabs, jacket potatoes, salad (peas and carrots for OH)
    Saturday - Chicken in pittas, cold tomato pasta, salad (peas and carrots for OH - you get the idea)
    Sunday - Sunday lunch with minted lamb, yum yum.

    Breakfast - Special K rip off.

    Lunch - Turkey salad sandwiches, salads, cream crackers (they've become an obsession).

    Now, let's see if I stick to this!!


    Mmm, could I possibly steal your recipe for lemon chicken please?
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    :hello:

    Another not very well planned week for me as although OH thought he'd be home, he's not until Friday :(

    Tonight; pasta for me
    Tomorrow; use up and make do evening ;)
    Thursday; Quorn meatballs & Spaghetti probably
    Friday; Quorn chilli & rice
    Saturday; TBC
    Sunday; Possible Brisket Slow Cooked as I'm out at a competition all day and OH's coming with me.

    Next week might be better :rolleyes:
  • pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I never stick to mine.....

    Sunday. Sausage, mash, and greens
    Monday Pasta and meatballs and Garlic bread
    Tuesday Beef Casserole and Dumplings
    Wednesday Egg and chips
    Thursday Leftover Beef casserole and greens
    Friday, saturday away with friends..

    This week I will stick to it, as I have allready done sun, mon and Tues and thurs, easy LOL!
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • little_miss_moneysaver_3
    little_miss_moneysaver_3 Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    edited 5 May 2009 at 5:50PM
    kunekune wrote: »
    Friday - sicilian lamb with noodles (veg pasta sauce from freezer for anyone who doesn't want meat), green salad

    Kunekune,

    Would you mind posting the recipe for this dish please? Sounds interesting :)

    Bit late in the week, but have planned...

    Tuesday - Cheese and tomato omlette with steamed veg.
    Wednesday - HM meatballs with pasta and salad.
    Thursday - At MIL
    Friday - HM fishcakes, chips and sweetcorn.
    Saturday - Spag bol, garlic bread and salad.
    Sunday - Sausages, cheesy mash and peas.

    Am on nights from Friday, so will cook those meals on Wed/Thurs when i'm off. That way my OH won't use all the ingredients!


    LMMS
    :j Baby boy arrived 22nd August 2012 :j
    :jSecond menace arrived safely 13th February 2014
    :j
    Debt Free Wannabee 2015
  • lexilex
    lexilex Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    freakyogre wrote: »
    Mmm, could I possibly steal your recipe for lemon chicken please?

    Well, it actually ended up been out of a jar :o but this is the one I intended on using

    http://southernfood.about.com/od/bakedchicken/r/bl30225i.htm

    I haven't tried it before though, hopefully will be on next weeks meal plan.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.