We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MealPlans WB 3rd May 2009

24

Comments

  • Miss_Liquorice
    Miss_Liquorice Posts: 243 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    My week is running from Tuesday evening to Saturday this week - at home with the parents for revision and drs. So when I am back in charge of my food, here's my plan.

    Tuesday - Quorn chicken & veg stir fry with hoi sin and red onion sauce
    Wednesday - Piquant steak and chips
    Thursday -
    Friday - Caesar salad
    Saturday - Lemon chicken & noodles

    Breakfasts of a banana and a bowl of cereal.

    Sandwiches or a baked potato for lunch, still lots of cheese and tuna in the flat.

    Fruit, as always, for snacking. Planing on making some lemon squeezy cake and some cookies (I have an urge for peanut butter, so maybe will be making peanut butter cookies). Yum!
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    (I have an urge for peanut butter, so maybe will be making peanut butter cookies). Yum!

    I had an urge for peanut butter today too so had celery with peanut butter inside it for my lunch with a tomato & red onion salad it was yummy :D
    A G&T a day keeps the doctor away :p
  • Sharon_1970_2
    Sharon_1970_2 Posts: 312 Forumite
    pixie1 wrote: »
    Mon - Hearty Pasta Soup - found this thanks to the stock piling thread :beer: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5592/hearty-pasta-soup

    Pix

    Pix I make this soup a couple of times a months its lovely. I use rubber chicken stock instead of a cube but its works just as well without homemade stock. I use Morrisons tortellin caramlised onion and goats cheese very tasty
    May Grocery Challenge £254.16/£320
  • pixie1
    pixie1 Posts: 1,442 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Pix I make this soup a couple of times a months its lovely. I use rubber chicken stock instead of a cube but its works just as well without homemade stock. I use Morrisons tortellin caramlised onion and goats cheese very tasty

    Oh excellent, Im pleased its a good recipe, im really looking forward to it to be honest, a different way to enjoy pasta :beer:

    Pix
    :jDebt Free At Last!:j
  • Miss_Liquorice
    Miss_Liquorice Posts: 243 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    SunnyGirl wrote: »
    I had an urge for peanut butter today too so had celery with peanut butter inside it for my lunch with a tomato & red onion salad it was yummy :D

    Sounds yummy, if only I liked celery... and tomatoes... and raw onion, haha. :rolleyes: I've never been a big peanut butter lover but recently... I'm having cravings! (and, no, I'm not pregnant!)
  • Lunar_Eclipse
    Lunar_Eclipse Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    Boodle wrote: »
    SAT Mediterannean Beans

    TUE Kidney Bean and Sweetcorn Couscous


    I'd be very interested to know how you make these two dishes please. :)
  • kunekune
    kunekune Posts: 1,909 Forumite
    Coming in late this week.

    Saturday - had pub lunch and then a 'bits and pieces' tea: felafal, a bit of ham, lambs lettuce salad, beetroot salsa, tomato/cucumber/feta salad, wraps, greek yogurt
    Sunday - roast chicken, roast potatoes, carrots, green beans, gravy [freeze one meal-sized portion chicken, keep another for Monday, make stock for soup]
    Monday (veg box day) - lemon chicken, stir fried veg with nuts or egg for protein for anyone who doesn't want meat, rice
    Tuesday - leek & potato soup [optional for anyone who doesn't want meat because it has chicken stock], cheese muffins, rhubarb in some kind of pudding
    Wednesday - veg risotto, garlic prawns on the side, green salad
    Thursday - cauliflower cheese topped with tomatoes
    Friday - sicilian lamb with noodles (veg pasta sauce from freezer for anyone who doesn't want meat), green salad
    Mortgage started on 22.5.09 : £129,600
    Overpayments to date: £3000
    June grocery challenge: 400/600
  • Boodle
    Boodle Posts: 1,050 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I'd be very interested to know how you make these two dishes please. :)

    Hi LE :)

    The Med Beans: I fry garlic and onion in olive oil, then add a tin of chopped tomatoes, tin of baked beans, 1 tsp Marmite, 1 tsp dried mixed herbs, and a handful of frozen broad beans. Simmer for about 5 minutes until the broad beans are tender.

    The Kidney Bean and Sweetcorn Couscous: this is pretty much what it says on the tin ;) I just soak the couscous in boiling water, then when done I mix in tinned kidney beans and sweetcorn with salt, black pepper and a good slosh of extra virgin olive oil - I used to like adding sliced onion which had been steeping in lemon juice for a while to take the edge off but onion is giving me heartburn at the mo :rolleyes:
    Love and compassion to all x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,714 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Saturday: Pasta, roast veg and goats cheese
    Sunday: Welsh rarebit with chilli chutney, bread and butter pudding for afters
    Monday: veg and lentil soup with sandwiches, ham for me and mushroom pate for OH
    Tuesday: Tomato and veg pie with mash and corn on the cob
    Wednesday: Spiced Coley with spaghetti
    Thursday: Jacket potatoes with veg hotpot
    Friday: Veg shepherds pie

    Breakfasts will be cereal or porridge apart from bank holiday breakfast will be sausages and eggs with oven bottom muffins.
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    hi this week we are having;
    mon....visit to relations
    tues....tandoori chicken jacket pots salad
    wed....shepherds pie carrots broccoli
    thurs....chicken and ham pie (hm) new pots salad
    fri....pork chops roast pots sweetcorn
    sat....bbq (hopefully)
    sun....roast beef yorkies mash veg

    have a good week
    tess
    onwards and upwards
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.