We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How much ahe you spent today? 14/3/2006

1235»

Comments

  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Today has been a very expensive day :( Very expensive in terms of my new regime of course - dead cheap in terms of my old me :rotfl:

    Here goes:
    3.19 medicine
    0.88 maltesers and halls
    1.89 starbucks
    1.33 breakie
    8.72 lunch with mate

    Total 16.01 :eek:

    That means my £10 spending money for the week is ruined :( I have a cold and I think that made me want to comfort spend today. Hope I feel better tomorrow as that's a non spend day no matter what :D

    (Got some food shopping done too but that comes under the March Grocery Challenge and the joint account ;) )
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • Wizwoo
    Wizwoo Posts: 675 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    OMG finally - OH didn't spend anything today either - which means that we both had a zero spend day :j
  • Nothing! :D

    My colleague bought me a Latte and a muffin for breakfast and i took sandwiches for my lunch.

    Hubby didnt spend anything either! I didnt let him! lol
    Lightbulb moment = January 2006 :idea:

    Total debt March 06 = £22,207 _pale_

    Estimated debt free date = 2010
  • sans_2
    sans_2 Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    nothing today - yipee..
    Tesco points: 101 (£21.50, £19.50, £7.50, £21 & £5)
    Boots points: £0.28
    Pigsback points: 715 (4 xBoots£10 & 1 xPizzaHut£10, 2 x £10 clothing vouchers)
    Mutual points: 3417 (redeemed 8250)
    Rpoints:redeemed 28925 points)Cashbag:£8.91(£20)
  • PaleScene
    PaleScene Posts: 1,029 Forumite
    This is the first time today I've had a chance to check in and I'm not organised with exact amounts, pfft.

    Um,
    £6 on hosiery brought back from France (other people ask their parents for fags n booze, but not me ;))
    £20 for two birthday presents, should by rights have been a bit higher but I told them to pick out wine to X value and they say they had lots of deals that meant they discounted it. You can't really argue when you get MSE'd right back!
    £10ish in supermarket - bit cross as I was trying to hardline and just get milk and bananas.
    £30ish on petrol
    £1 tv magazine
    £15 on motor oil (I had intended on getting the 1l but couldn't do it when confronted with £6 for 1l or £15 for 5l. There is a risk though - last time we had a big tub OH went nuts with it and flooded the car, costing us a pick up and repair... then again, these days he 'reminds' me to do it :rotfl: )
    £10.25 in Boots. I know this figure because I spent points originally but then remembered the meds I'd gone in for in the first place, so at just over £10 in total I got refunded then paid again so I could have a voucher :D

    In the Red - I so hope you get a much lower quote.
    Do I Need One Stops All Unnecessary Reckless Spending
    £2 CSC - £30 :kisses3:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.