We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How much ahe you spent today? 14/3/2006

Spent 95p on some fresh fruit today for my breakfast.

(note to self......I will get up earlier :doh:! and yes i know i have been saying this for a bit now :rotfl:)
Savings Total so far for 2026: £9490.38/£10,000
«1345

Comments

  • climbgirl
    climbgirl Posts: 1,504 Forumite
    James240 wrote:
    Spent 95p on some fresh fruit today for my breakfast.

    (note to self......I will get up earlier :doh:! and yes i know i have been saying this for a bit now :rotfl:)

    ha ha I have the same issues, I keep cereal in my desk for that very reason!

    I'm hoping to have another no-spend today after yesterday's one. Have my lunch with me and no plans for tonight, so fingers crossed :)
  • dinkylou
    dinkylou Posts: 727 Forumite
    Having a no spend day today.

    Unfortunately think its going to be the last one of the week though, oh well.
  • themaccas
    themaccas Posts: 1,453 Forumite
    I will be spending £2.98 on 2 x pick n mix salads for work lunch for the next 2 days - I'll keep them in the fridge with my name on them to stop them being pinched! I don't like buying lunches but I've got 2 late shifts today and tomorrow and need to have a light dinner - salad at midday then have my packed sandwich lunch at teatime. sometimes if I'm busy I don't even get to eat at teatime and eat my sandwiches in the car on the way home at 10pm!

    I'll have £2 left in my purse and will try not to spend that this week - it's a £2 coin and want to put it in my savings pot!

    Sorry for the ramble!
    Debtfree JUNE 2008 - Thank you MSE:T
  • Spent £3-50 on breakfast and lunch from Greggs, apart from that nothing :j
  • skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    After yesterday's Primark debacle I am not going anywhere near any shops!!!!

    Although my Tesco shop for the week last night was just £2.92!!!!!

    Later on I am getting a FREE printer I found on Freecycle - very pleased as need one for working from home but didn't want to buy one (please don;t point out that for the price of my Primark clothes I could have got a new one...)
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • brummiebabe
    brummiebabe Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Have given DS1 £2.50 for dance club after school - no other spending planned today as staying at home...DS2 is poorly!_pale_
    20p Saver Club #33 60p/£100
    Christmas Saving £0/£1300

    Saving Target 2014 £25/£1000
  • nabowla
    nabowla Posts: 567 Forumite
    skintchick wrote:
    (please don;t point out that for the price of my Primark clothes I could have got a new one...)

    Now would we do a thing like that??? :D
  • skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    nabowla wrote:
    Now would we do a thing like that??? :D

    Yes, and you'd be right!!

    BUT now I can justify my clothes by saying I'd have had to spend that on a printer anyway so as I'm getting that free I had the £50 spare!!!

    Now you can point out that as I am SE I could have offset the cost of the printer against tax and I can't do that with the clothes..... :p
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • Haven't posted for a while as OH is in hospital and to be honest I'm spending so much every day on coffee's, parking, treats for him etc that the money is leaving so fast from my purse I can't keep up with what's going where. :eek:
    Hopefully when he's released I will be back and a bit more focused in what's going where :D
    You laugh because I'm different - I laugh because you're all the same
  • tattooed_lady
    tattooed_lady Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    tinkerbelluk (((hugs)))

    I hope your OH is better soon xx
    Mortgage-free wannabe!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.