We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How much ahe you spent today? 14/3/2006

135

Comments

  • Car has gone wrong again and husband's just had a quote for £1227 - feel completely devastated.
  • magni
    magni Posts: 651 Forumite
    I have spent £3.97 posting an eBay parcel.
    100 Day Pot £13
    £2 coin saver #205 £40 banked and £22
    Weekly Spend
    June NSD 9/10 DFW Nerd 54
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    in*the*red wrote:
    Car has gone wrong again and husband's just had a quote for £1227 - feel completely devastated.

    Oh god, what a nightmare.

    Feel for you hunny x
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • amosworks
    amosworks Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    (((Hugs)))
    Sorry to hear your bad news :(
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    amosworks wrote:
    :-O And the fags were necessary? :confused:
    Stop smoking lynzpower, you'll feel much better when you do - I promise :) :beer:


    I know, I know. I cant wait to give up TBH, but its OH, he just wont consider it. Although we did talk last week about us giving up on our anniversary ( june) which will give him plenty of time to prepare himself. Heres hoping
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    £3 for son's lunch money
    £7 for daughter's book club at school (I think this is unfair to put pressure on parents to buy all the time. I know they have to raise funds, but still.)

    £10 so far. All I need now is more milk. I'll wait for dh to come home and raid his pocket as I have nothing left in my purse. :(
  • DopeyDora_2
    DopeyDora_2 Posts: 151 Forumite
    Nothing so far, but if I go to step aerobics tonight Iwill spend £4.40. As it's so cold & the friend I normally go with is on holiday, I am a bit tempted to skip it. Well, that would be moneysaving!! :D
  • Wizwoo
    Wizwoo Posts: 675 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    in*the*red wrote:
    Car has gone wrong again and husband's just had a quote for £1227 - feel completely devastated.


    Chin up in*the*red you've been doing really well - just keep it going :grouphug:

    I've managed a no spend day today.

    OH will have bought lunch (gets fresh roll and slice of meat from deli everyday) and some bread - so about £2.
  • Reya
    Reya Posts: 190 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture I've been Money Tipped!
    No-spend day for me, too, as was yesterday. I've been making sure that I take what I call an 'interesting and varied' packed lunch to work with me every day this week, to stop me from eyeing-up the vending machine :D
    I was cut out to be rich, but got sewn up wrong.
  • tattooed_lady
    tattooed_lady Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    in*the*red wrote:
    Car has gone wrong again and husband's just had a quote for £1227 - feel completely devastated.

    OMG ITR!! Didn't you have major probs with your car a while ago??? What are you going to do?? Good luck sweetie ((hugs))

    Spent £103 on my Tesco shop :eek: but that was a lot of stocking up and bogofs etc. Should last 3-4 weeks.
    Mortgage-free wannabe!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.