We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

What have you spent today 12/3/06

13

Comments

  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hello :)

    Just got back from a walk into town. Returned a few things that I bought recently but having had them at home for a few weeks, I can see I can live without them :) So £48 better off :T

    I spent £8.18 on bits and bobs from the Body Shop and Boots. Also £6.20 on lunch for me and OH - he gave me 2 £2 coins for my £2 pot :D

    So in total, I spent £12.38 - £4 = £8.38 Not bad :p

    Have a great evening everyone :beer:
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • Wizwoo
    Wizwoo Posts: 675 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Just £4.25 for me and OH...and will not be venturing out again today :snow_grin so no more for the rest of today.

    Plan to cook this afternoon - a big pan of minestrone soup and quick chicken cassoulet. :D
  • serena
    serena Posts: 2,387 Forumite
    I bought the last few bits of stationery I need for a little venture I am trying out at the end of March, so £33 for that.

    Yesterday was very expensive, as I was shopping for DS1's forthcoming trip to China - £104.00! :eek: Suitcase, trainers, clothes, and all planned and budgeted for.

    Hopefully, much less tomorrow!
    It is never too late to become what you were always intended to be
  • tattooed_lady
    tattooed_lady Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Hellooooo!

    I've spent £10 topping up my fone for the month, £12.25 on vits, toiletries and medicines. Got a free pack of No7 wipes using my voucher :D and have now got another 2 to spend next week ;) .
    Mortgage-free wannabe!
  • sans_2
    sans_2 Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    Would have spent more but due to the snow didn't go to Boots as planned. :-(

    However did manage to spend some cash on:

    Petrol: £10.01

    Tesco (after vouchers and offers) paid £10.09 for:

    10 x 2ltr Tango clear melon and lemon
    5 x 2 ltr Tesco value sparkling water
    2 x 4 packs of Toddlers Heinz cheese biscuits
    4 x loose limes
    1 x box of 10 sachets of Oat so simple
    1 x Tesco 6 pints of milk
    1 x Tesco 4 pints of milk
    6 x Nestle condense milk
    1 x Tesco lime cordial
    1 x Tesco choclate peanuts
    1 x Hello magazine
    1 x New magazine
    1 x Reveal magazine
    1 x OK magazine
    1 x 12pk of Tesco value eggs
    1 x 4 pk of Tesco pro biotics
    1 x 3 pck of Tesco fruit triffles
    1 x small block of Tesco value cheese
    1 x large bottle of Heinz tomato kepchup
    1 x NOTW paper
    1 x Tesco life carrier bag
    Tesco points: 101 (£21.50, £19.50, £7.50, £21 & £5)
    Boots points: £0.28
    Pigsback points: 715 (4 xBoots£10 & 1 xPizzaHut£10, 2 x £10 clothing vouchers)
    Mutual points: 3417 (redeemed 8250)
    Rpoints:redeemed 28925 points)Cashbag:£8.91(£20)
  • 1 packet of toffee popcorn to cheer myself up = 35p and I'm worth every penny!!!
  • nabowla
    nabowla Posts: 567 Forumite
    I've done it! Not a penny spent today. Mind you, I have confined myself to the flat all day - didn't even risk a quick trip to the corner shop for a chocolate bar. Wonder how I'll get on when I'm back at work tomorrow?
  • LookingAhead
    LookingAhead Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    Hey nabowla....stick with it (I am trying too!)...that feeling when you know you have not had to get your cash out for any purchases is a really good feeling....soon you will be questioning every purchase you make, asking if you really need it, could you get a cheaper alternative (or free!) etc.

    Good luck tomorrow..... :smiley:
    Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
    Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
    Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
  • amosworks
    amosworks Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    Make lots of packed lunch from things in the kitchen you wouldn't normally use (like the February "use up month" challenge) so you don't have to spend money on your lunch tomorrow :)
  • D&DD
    D&DD Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    Didn't do too bad today I just 'had' to order some new strawberry plants..cost me £9.95 but was well worth it as they're a new strain of the perpetual ones(large fruiting),will add to my clumps I already have and hopefully we'll be self sufficent from may-november like we were nearly last year! Had a good old dig around today out there too and came in with some more parsnips,a lettuce,enough carrots for dinner,big bunch of kale and some cabbage :D so thats cut my shopping bill again this week :j
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.