We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

What have you spent today 12/3/06

I'm hoping for a no spend today :A
Do I Need One Stops All Unnecessary Reckless Spending
£2 CSC - £30 :kisses3:
«134

Comments

  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    it will be a no spend day for me today as im not going anywhere!!! might have to spend tomorrow but am planning on paying £240 off my credit cards this week so theres not really much left to spend anyway lol!!!!
    November NSD's - 7
  • nabowla
    nabowla Posts: 567 Forumite
    Me too. Will be the first one in a long time so it's going to be tough. Even now I'm thinking that I could probably scrape together 50p from behind the sofa etc to buy a bar of chocolate...........but one bar leads to a pile of magazines, a Sunday newspaper and a fancy croissant. I've got to see if I can find a bit of self discipline somewhere!
  • PaleScene
    PaleScene Posts: 1,029 Forumite
    nabowla wrote:
    Me too. Will be the first one in a long time so it's going to be tough. Even now I'm thinking that I could probably scrape together 50p from behind the sofa etc to buy a bar of chocolate...........but one bar leads to a pile of magazines, a Sunday newspaper and a fancy croissant. I've got to see if I can find a bit of self discipline somewhere!

    With any luck it's behind the sofa cushions with the pennies ;) Do you need the rustle of the newspaper pages or would you enjoy the newstories on the online versions?

    Like you Jamiedodger I think a lot of my success in non-spending today is going to be due to staying in... ooh, hang on - I've got birthday pressies to order.

    But it's in the budget :o
    Do I Need One Stops All Unnecessary Reckless Spending
    £2 CSC - £30 :kisses3:
  • DH is currently playing 18 holes of golf so that's £16.50 I think, plus he owes his golfing buddy a tenner. They should be the only spends of the day.
  • well i wont be spending much..

    got to pick up a film of pics of new kitten today but had voucher so no more than 2-3 pound.

    paying another £140 of debts tomoz but other than that and train fare will be no spend day!

    have a good day everyone :)
    :beer: :j OFFICIAL DFW NERD NO 159 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH OUR DEBTS:beer: :j

    If you do a job well, people won't be sure you've done anything at all :rolleyes:

    Must claim back bank charges!!!:rolleyes:
  • john_kent
    john_kent Posts: 425 Forumite
    No Spend for me today. Goy my food and a cpl of beers from my mate (sorted his PC) and will watch grand prix and some footie
  • PaleScene
    PaleScene Posts: 1,029 Forumite
    john_kent wrote:
    No Spend for me today. Goy my food and a cpl of beers from my mate (sorted his PC) and will watch grand prix and some footie

    That looks a lot like my day - except for the beer and the footie ;)
    Do I Need One Stops All Unnecessary Reckless Spending
    £2 CSC - £30 :kisses3:
  • Hi everyone,

    Busy making soup and cleaning and getting some craft fair stuff organised for next weekend. Hoping for a no spend day - but really hoping my OH will go out and get me a paper - and that doesn't count for me!

    Better go and get on with it!

    scottishspendaholic x
    MBNA = £4,000 / Next = £925 (approx. tbc on 19/8)
    Tesco = £2,910.11 / Smile overdraft = £500
    Bank of Scotland = £2,782.83
  • I won't be spending anything because i'm not going anywhere!

    Oh, the food shopping's being delivered between 11-1, but that doesn't count does it? Because it was ordered and paid for yesterday!! :)
    Why is there always so much month left at the end of my money? :doh:
  • Have just bought OH a new DVD player from ebay as ours is on its way out and wanted a new Divx one:confused: £38 inc postage...not a bad price..LOL

    PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.