We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How much did you spend today? 11/3

24

Comments

  • tattooed_lady
    tattooed_lady Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Hiya everyone!

    I spent £12 in Somerfield (£5 of that was on a box of chocs for my mates b-day), then spent 30p posting an ebay parcel.

    Went to mums today so we all had a nice free lunch and got to bring the leftovers home for dinner!! :D
    Mortgage-free wannabe!
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    put £30 in petrol in car today...should last a month. spent 9.61 in tescos on groceries. thats it for today, hoping for a no spend day tomorrow though!
    November NSD's - 7
  • skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Nothing so far, but it's a mate's birthday tonight.

    his card was £1 last week

    pressie was £8 bought at Christmas, with Christmas budget!

    Budgeted £30 for drinks and meal but hope to come in under that.
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • nabowla wrote:
    Hi guys,

    Love the idea behind this thread and am going to sign myself up as a daily poster, if you don't mind ;) I've really been struggling with the amounts I've been spending for the last few months. Life's been really tough and I've 'compensated' by spending far too much money. Sadly it's largely gone on fancy coffees and croissants on the way to work each day, lifestyle magazines to read whilst commuting, lunches and dinners out, chocolate (lots and lots!), and a few treats because life's so cr*p.

    Hi nabowla and welcome to the daily spend thread!

    Spend £20 in the butchers and £63 in Tesco today (more than I'd hoped!) but this has to last for the best part of two weeks (till payday!)
  • Chortle_2
    Chortle_2 Posts: 403 Forumite
    another no-spend day here :j
    Highest Debt (Sept 04) -> £41,300 :(
    Debt Free - August 2006!! :D

  • kathfisch
    kathfisch Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    A no spend day for me :j

    Well, actually £1.40 on ebay postage but that doesn't count because the buyer paid for it :D

    Welcome to the thread nabowla!
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
  • Sunnydoo
    Sunnydoo Posts: 320 Forumite
    I see pixie1 & i both have the same avatar now-great minds think alike !

    Spent couple of quid on ebay postage(but that doesn't count)

    DDs nan & grandad took us to her cousin's b'day party so she got a free meal & drinks at the party & i got drinks & a meal brought for me at the pub afterwards

    3 no spend days in a row now
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 44

  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,282 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!
    Nothing for me today-havent gone out to be on the safe side!

    Good luck with the babysitting SS
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.
  • brummiebabe
    brummiebabe Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Nothing for me today :j I haven't been near the shops!!!!! Just took kids to park and pottered around the house!!
    20p Saver Club #33 60p/£100
    Christmas Saving £0/£1300

    Saving Target 2014 £25/£1000
  • LookingAhead
    LookingAhead Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    £4.66 on some fresh salad stuff, dressing & a big yummy tomato pave bread for Mum & myself's lunch (she was visiting for the day...couldn't let her go hungry now could I..? ;) )
    £2 (or just under) on EBAY parcels

    Into town with Mum....

    We went to M & S and I got £10 refunded on my Switch card for a top which I had bought last Saturday but then decided it really wasn't right... :j :T
    The old me would have left it in the wardrobe "just in case".

    Oh if only it had stopped there.... :wall:

    I then got a £7 top

    Then.....£15 on another top which I spotted and thought it was exactly what I was looking for to go under a fluffy white gillet I've had for ages.

    Could somebody please tell me off! Thanks...
    Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
    Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
    Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.