We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How much did you spend today? 11/3

Hello!!

Well, I did decide to come into work (it was a bit touch and go for a while!!) - so I am earning £60 (before tax) today. I am then going to my parents for the rest of the weekend, so about £7 each way on the train (using my Network Gold Card - oooh posh!!)..

Shouldnt spend much whilst I am there although am going to a carboot tomorrow with my mum to have a look round, so will hopefully find some bargains!

Was meant to be out tonight but sister cancelled, although she is doing my hair so will have to pay her for that..

Spent quite a bit this week on groceries/lunch here & there, so need to pull the reigns (?!) in a bit!!

Since I have a wedding to go to in April I will keep my 2nd job at least until then as that will be added expense that I could do with the ££££ for!! I would rather be saving the money for my travel fund, but shouldnt moan :0)

I hope you are all having a good weekend

Have fun.

Ms_London
«134

Comments

  • miseter
    miseter Posts: 196 Forumite
    i spent 40p and a packet of smarties and about 3 pound on something top eat. hope not to spend much more tonight..
    join 20p savers club http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=162632
    HOW MY CURRENT SAVINGS ARE GOING.

    credit union savings = £1,300 :T
    bank savings = £300.30
    £2 savers club= £2 :j
    20p savers club=£7.60 :j
    if u like what i say please thank me. :dance:
  • wel i havent spent a penny yet as havent left the house...

    going into town for an eye test but have a free voucher so £0

    gonna buy some smarties to save my 20p in!!!! £1

    sat paper for the guide 50p

    will also pay some debts off roughly £30 worth :)

    so all in all £31.50 ish all budgeted for :)
    :beer: :j OFFICIAL DFW NERD NO 159 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH OUR DEBTS:beer: :j

    If you do a job well, people won't be sure you've done anything at all :rolleyes:

    Must claim back bank charges!!!:rolleyes:
  • was meant to be meeting a friend but they have flu so just going to potter about the house and do nothing so £00.00 for me :j
  • pixie1
    pixie1 Posts: 1,442 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi everyone!!

    Im back after a hell week at work.

    I havent spent anything so far today. Ive spent my morning putting items into turbo lister to upload later on in the week and also sort more ebay things out. My existing auctions are upto £45 so far :) Im going to a friends tonight for a meal so if i take the wine i have in the fridge it should be a no spend day for me which will be my first this week!!!

    Pixie
    :jDebt Free At Last!:j
  • £ 118.00 on food shopping, socks baking tray boring stuff

    didnt have to buy new shoes for the kids though so that is a result
  • wigginsmum
    wigginsmum Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    Nothing being spent today, and an abstemious trip to Lidl and the local fruit/veg market tomorrow.
    The ability of skinny old ladies to carry huge loads is phenomenal. An ant can carry one hundred times its own weight, but there is no known limit to the lifting power of the average tiny eighty-year-old Spanish peasant grandmother.
  • omega_2
    omega_2 Posts: 251 Forumite
    £10 fuel for car, but that's it.:j
  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hi there

    Going to a mate's mate birthday do tonight. I am going to give her a huge box of chocolates that I got for Christmas. Still well within date ;) Saves me buying something AND gaining weight :D OH bought a card for her so another saving for me :rotfl:

    I am hoping I won't spend more than £10 on drinks tonight so all in all, an excellent MSE day :T :T :T

    Have a great weekend everyone!
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • Hi everyone,

    I spent £4.63 posting an eBay parcel (but covered by buyer) and £1.60 in library fines (I know, I know...) so £1.60 spend for me today. Babysitting tonight but unsure what I'll get (first reply to my advert in village paper for next 3 months) so hopefully up for the day.

    Busy trying to claim back my bank charges too.

    scottishspendaholic x
    MBNA = £4,000 / Next = £925 (approx. tbc on 19/8)
    Tesco = £2,910.11 / Smile overdraft = £500
    Bank of Scotland = £2,782.83
  • nabowla
    nabowla Posts: 567 Forumite
    Hi guys,

    Love the idea behind this thread and am going to sign myself up as a daily poster, if you don't mind ;) I've really been struggling with the amounts I've been spending for the last few months. Life's been really tough and I've 'compensated' by spending far too much money. Sadly it's largely gone on fancy coffees and croissants on the way to work each day, lifestyle magazines to read whilst commuting, lunches and dinners out, chocolate (lots and lots!), and a few treats because life's so cr*p.

    The only way I'm going to stop the rot is to start noting every penny that I spend, every day. So, here goes! Please, please feel free to make rude comments if it looks as though I'm going off the tracks again. I need a bit of nagging from time to time :o Today's list is as follows:

    £1.09: large chocolate bar
    £9: storage containers from cookware shop
    £4.99: newspaper and magazine
    £13.91: butcher's

    Not great, but far better than I've managed for a while. Must do better tomorrow!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.