Advice on Teeth Whitening Discussion Thread

Replies

• Can anyone recommend a good tooth whitening product that can be bought from shops or on the internet?
  • gkfgkf Forumite
    404 Posts
    Daughter highly recommends Crest Premium white strips, available to buy in America or on ebay.
  • ToothsmithToothsmith Forumite
    9.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Article in today's Independent On Sunday
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • OH NO - BROUGHT RAPID WHITE PEN OF E-BAY A FEW DAYS AGO..!! Wish i hadnt after reading this thread....

Toothsmith ... is it REALLY bad ???? Cant believe i fell it :(
  • tomsticklandtomstickland Forumite
    19.5K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the internet, some geezer with an eye for a quick buck has found something cheap in China, has ordered a lorry full and with a bit of investment (Or not even that in the case of eBay) has opened a web site on the completely unregulated internet. Based on the principal that there is 'One born every minute' he coins it in and then next month starts again with Patio furniture.

Sometimes I wish I had the guts to just sell crap over the internet. It's a damn sight less stressful than what I do now, and the returns would be better - after all there are plenty of people out there gullible enough to buy the stuff!
    Got to say I agree with what you're saying.
    Happy chappy
    9.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    bubbles wrote:
    OH NO - BROUGHT RAPID WHITE PEN OF E-BAY A FEW DAYS AGO..!! Wish i hadnt after reading this thread....

Toothsmith ... is it REALLY bad ???? Cant believe i fell it :(

At best it would be useless. If it actually changes the colour of your teeth it has done something to them.

What it has done is impossible to say without knowing EXACTLY what is in the product.

Some products are available abroad, but have not met standards in this country. Some look like legitamate products on sale in this country (But some of them are not harmless if used inappropriately) but are they real or counterfiet?

In all honesty, the safest thing may be to bin it.
    How to find a dentist.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
  • http://www.thesmileplace.co.uk/default.html

so is this a waste of money then
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.:D
    9.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    You may very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment!
    How to find a dentist.
  • Has anyone used this Boots one?

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1031948&classificationid=1035719&slmRefer=000

It has the syringes full of gel but I don't know what strength it is. Just wondered if it's likely to be worth the money.
  • If you want real hollywood white teeth, then i suggest using a carbamide peroxide gel (22%) used with a mouthpiece. it only takes 30-60 min a day and in one to two weeks your teeth are amazingly white. its simple to use, i put the mouthpiece in at nite while reading.

i have used a few different kits, and the best value kit i came across is from Maxbrite.co.uk. prices start from £15.95 for a 10 day kit, which is ample for great results that will last for atleast six months.

http://www.maxbrite.co.uk
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Martin's debt costs masterclass

Eg, balance transfer up to 35 mths at 0%

MSE News

£80 GHD Original IV Styler

Via MSE Blagged code (norm £109)

MSE Deals