HSBC Credit Card

Options
Hi,
I am hoping maybe shelfstacker or LDavies can help - or anyone that can for that matter!

I have an HSBC Plus account and have had since December 08 which i pay my wages into each month etc etc. I have a £200 overdraft and today applied for the first time for an HSBC Credit Card which came up to say that they need further information and to contact the on 0845 etc but they are now closed.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of additional information they will need? and if this is a good or a bad sign?

Thanks

Comments

• Innocent_Guy
    Innocent_Guy Posts: 5,369 Forumite
    Options
    DanDan123 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am hoping maybe shelfstacker or LDavies can help - or anyone that can for that matter!

I have an HSBC Plus account and have had since December 08 which i pay my wages into each month etc etc. I have a £200 overdraft and today applied for the first time for an HSBC Credit Card which came up to say that they need further information and to contact the on 0845 etc but they are now closed.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of additional information they will need? and if this is a good or a bad sign?

Thanks
    I assume you applied online. TBH I heard someone else say that they applied a few days ago and got the same message. It could go either way tho. It sound like it has gone to an underwriter. Personally I would call 08457404404 which is TB and ask them to check the staus.

I think they can go into account and then descions and they may be able to see the application. I am sure that SS could confirm.

If you do call them in the meanwhile please let us know what they say......

What is your credit rating like at the moment? How many searches do you have?
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000
    6 credit accounts closed in 2010!

Official SOS Club number 001 - Dry until 01.07.10
  • Innocent_Guy
    Options
    Option 6 you want aswell :D
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000

• TEDDYRUKSPIN
    TEDDYRUKSPIN Posts: 1,528 Forumite
    Options
    Yep. It's underwriting. Something will have popped up on the behaviour on how you handle your accounts! Plus, savings, current accounts advance, blah blah blah....

Anyway to cut it short, they will be asking the standard stuff. They will then give you an instant decision after that.
    Motto: 'If you don't ask, you don't get!!'

Remember to say thank you to people who help you out!

Also, thank you to people who help me out.
  • Andy_Ches
    Andy_Ches Posts: 420 Forumite
    Options
    I have been a customer for years, I hardly go overdrawn, 3 savings account and applied for a card and got a secure message to say 'sorry you don't meet the criteria....' I get my 3 credit files often and just had them.....all clear and up to date..... so who knows! :rolleyes:
  • Innocent_Guy
    Options
    Andy_Ches wrote: »
    I have been a customer for years, I hardly go overdrawn, 3 savings account and applied for a card and got a secure message to say 'sorry you don't meet the criteria....' I get my 3 credit files often and just had them.....all clear and up to date..... so who knows! :rolleyes:
    Wow, If you got declined I have no chance.... Have you called to ask them the specifics?

• Andy_Ches
    Options
    Wow, If you got declined I have no chance.... Have you called to ask them the specifics?

Yes, 4 calls and 3 secure messages later, still none the wiser. They also said that 10 applications were recorded on there system all showing declined :eek:. I only made 1!

I've sent an email to Customer Relations to ask them what on earth is going on.
  • Innocent_Guy
    Options
    Yes, 4 calls and 3 secure messages later, still none the wiser. They also said that 10 applications were recorded on there system all showing declined :eek:. I only made 1!

I've sent an email to Customer Relations to ask them what on earth is going on.
    Have they credit searched you 10 times?

• Andy_Ches
    Options
    Have they credit searched you 10 times?

No, just the once on the day I did the application. But they are saying there were 9 other applications made via internet banking throughout march which were all declined.

I only ever received secure messages about 1 application anyway:rolleyes:
  • Innocent_Guy
    Options
    No, just the once on the day I did the application. But they are saying there were 9 other applications made via internet banking throughout march which were all declined.

I only ever received secure messages about 1 application anyway:rolleyes:
    Sometimes they couldn't tell their as$ from their elbow

• Andy_Ches
    Options
    I'm a plus customer with a saving a/c, ISA, reg saver but don't meet the criteria! :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure