We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Finding money you'd forgotten about!
Comments
-
Forgetting about a grand here and a grand there eh?
A lovely problem to have
:D:D 0 -
I found a pound coin in my pillowcase the other day. I was pleased with that. And a little pile of silver I found in my drawer at work, i must have left it there, about 1.70
Claiming my bank charges back, now if that happens, that will be nearly 2k i didnt know I had :beer::beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
This Ive come to know...
So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:0 -
Redvelvetkiss2 wrote:OMG!! :eek: how do you forget about £1000? Fantastic surprise though..spend wisely

I know I was shocked when they told me the balance. I ceased my monthly payments into it after reading that martin says you cant save if you have debts. And I have spent all my time and energy since then digging away at my debt balance that I forgot it was there.
Only cause i set myself a reminder as nearly end of financial year that i remembered it. Didnt realise that i had even paid that much into it i begun it last year and stopped it last summer..
All in all that will go nicely towards my outstanding debt and with pay day as well next week that means it all can go :j :j
I am glad i found it now rather than at Christmas cause I would have just spanked it.MFWB
Mortgage when started: £232,000
Current mortgage Sept 2024: £232,000
Mortgage free day: Sept 2029
Saving: £12k 20250 -
I have a couple of coins in the lining of my coat, does that count? :rotfl: I have a hole in my pocket and that's how they got through. I will get them out soon...
Also, on a slightly different note, I did a friend a favour a couple of weeks ago and she sent me a lovely letter this week, including a £10 note in it as a thank you. Hardly necessary but very kind and welcome :TLeason learnt :beer:0 -
Redvelvetkiss2 wrote:I...a Tesco Value iron not recommended...it holds next to no water and doesn't get very hot, but then I paid less than a fiver.
I know exactly what you mean!! I bought one too thinking I'd got a mega bargain, but it wasn't remotely hot enough to iron my clothes!! :eek: Luckily I'd kept my old iron, nothing wrong with it, just getting really old and tatty!!Mortgage-free wannabe!0 -
Not free money as such but it has saved me some....i went to see Jack Johnson 2 weeks ago and the people next to me had forgotten the film for their camera so I said I would email them the ones I had taken on my digital camera, after I emailed them the pics they emailed back to ask for my postal addy as they wanted to send me something as a thank-you........the sent me the JJ weekend at the greek and live in Japan DVD's which I was going to order off amazon next payday!!
Also I took back a faulty usb hub to Argos which I paid £9.99 for last Nov, the current cat price is £12.99....they refunded me £14.99. I did mention it to the CS lady but she just said "thats what the till says"!!! Result!! Ooooh and I took back a pair of boots which didnt fit properly so that money's back in my bank now. Before my lightbulb moment the boots would have sat in the bottom of my wardrobe for a year then been given to the charity shop.Debt free = December 2010...as of March 2006 it is now January 2010..... as of December 2008 it is now December 2009 :j hopefully sooner!!:jDEBT FREE:j January 2012, took longer but I got there, all by myself, through sheer hard work and pride!0 -
Busybody wrote:lynzpower wrote:I found a pound coin in my pillowcase the other day. I was pleased with that. And a little pile of silver I found in my drawer at work, i must have left it there, about 1.70
HAD THE FAIRIES BEEN?
I hope so, maybe they'll come back
:beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
This Ive come to know...
So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:0 -
This is annoying.
My partner and I found a load of old £20 notes. We lodged them in the bank yesterday, and then discovered that evening that there were some going on eBay for nearly £40 each!
We tried going back to the bank today to retrieve the money, only to be told by the cashier that they had been sent away just an hour before. Grrr.
They are going for incineration and there's nothing we can do. :mad:
So frustrating. That would have been a lot of money.
(Just to point out that we are not ungrateful for finding the money in the first place, just - aaaargh. Imagine! )Sometimes I feel like a pelican. Whichever way I turn, I've still got an enormous bill in front of me.0 -
I found an old INGDirect card so I logged on and had the grand total of......fanfare......£1.50!!! :j :j :j
So I have transferred it to my cheque account and am planning an exotic holiday as we speak......... :rotfl:
Still....I shouldn't laugh really...if I found £1.50 in the street I'd be ecstatic wouldn't I?
Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards