Change in Tesco coupon policy

Options
Just been to my local store was served by one of my friendly coupon tacking cashires.
He said, "You need to give you advance warning as the coupon policy is changing on 20th April. Best come in and use your coupons up before then."
I asked him what was changing but he told me he was unsure as he had just heard it in the staf room, but felt he should tell his favourit customers.

Has anyone else heard this? Should we be worried?

I will be nipping in and using some of my mocs up in the next couple of days.
:j rolo-polo1965 :j

Comments

• Myatt
    Myatt Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Havent heard anything
  • Sylvester
    Sylvester Posts: 1,202 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've never used any coupons anywhere. I always give them away to people. Silly as it is. I got turned down once and never tried again.

I have some money off coupons for Birds Eye and Felix Roasted - will supermarkets take these?
  • rolo-polo1965
    Options
    Sylvester wrote: »
    I've never used any coupons anywhere. I always give them away to people. Silly as it is. I got turned down once and never tried again.

I have some money off coupons for Birds Eye and Felix Roasted - will supermarkets take these?

Tescos will accept them yes, asda will only take them if you buy the product
    :j rolo-polo1965 :j
  • Sylvester
    Sylvester Posts: 1,202 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tescos will accept them yes, asda will only take them if you buy the product

Excellent. Thank you.
  • Gunna
    Gunna Posts: 212 Forumite
    Options
    My Tesco stopped accepting all home printed coupons before chirstmas as someone bought a lcd tv with them!!!! It really P'd Tesco off so they said no to all coupons and even if you have proper coupons(i have £7 of pampers coupons at the minute :( ) you have to buy the exact product, i tried fleecing the self service checkout but it has been tinkered with to spot all coupons.......and says rather loudly something like "coupon unacceptable" then everyone looks over at me lol

Am so mad with Tesco but then i can't blmae them when someone abuses things.

They have also rmeoved our self sevice recycling area as stupid ppl were cutting bottle into lots of pieces then posting them through to get more points once again this has P'd Tesco off and once again everyone is losing out......Why do this as eveyone loses the privelidge because of a few :(
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,550 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No change mentioned at my local Tesco stores.

The Extra near me accepts any coupons, one of each product type, as per the policy. The smaller store don't accept internet prints at all due to previous abuse (not by me) but will take any amount of different other ones if they stock the items.

You don't have the buy the product stated, of course (search the forums for the 'coupons as cash' thread if this is news to any newbies).

Hope they don't change it or I will be off to Waitrose more often, where they accept a few coupons without you buying the product (but not as many as Tesco do).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MRSTITTLEMOUSE
    MRSTITTLEMOUSE Posts: 8,547 Forumite
    Options
    Our Tesco has always refused coupons if you don't buy the product.
    They are so bad that when I handed two over for products I had bought they called the supervisor over to check them before taking them off my bill.
    I felt so stupid with all the people waiting behind me looking on,it's put me right off shopping there.
  • jaytin
    jaytin Posts: 473 Forumite
    Options
    Our Tesco has always refused coupons if you don't buy the product.
    They are so bad that when I handed two over for products I had bought they called the supervisor over to check them before taking them off my bill.
    I felt so stupid with all the people waiting behind me looking on,it's put me right off shopping there.

I have never had a coupon for anything accepted at Tesco if I didn't actually buy the product, I think some people have just been exceptionally lucky until now. I did see a sign that they accepted Sainsbury's 'shop n save' vouchers but not individual product ones. :confused:
  • amy0807
    amy0807 Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    I went into my local Tesco today and for the first time the cashier gave me back two of my 4 coupons saying 'we can only take 2 coupons if you don't actually buy the product and you haven't brought any'
    Is this right??
  • Mouschka
    Mouschka Posts: 116 Forumite
    Options
    Tescos policy nationwide is that they accept non store specific coupons that are in date if they stock the product. You can use one of each coupon if you haven't bought the item and an additional one of each coupon for any items you actually purchase. Acceptance of internet coupons is at the discretion of store Mangers and there is no limit to the number or amount of coupons that a customer may use.
    Coupons such as conditional spend and save from competitiors (Sainsburys Waitrose etc) may be accepted if the specified amount has been spent.
    This information is kept in the team 5 folder in each store and staff should be aware of it.
    However in my experience staff do not understand the policy and try to make up their own version of it. It isn't uncommon to hear them say its 1 coupon in total or its 30% of the total bill. I usually explain exactly where they can find the correct policy and read through it with them!;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport