IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

WARNING Avoid Changegate Car Park, Haworth. Notorious for Clamping

Options
1404142434446»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Terlizzard
    Options
    Thank you. I will make contact. So far a number if people have responded elsewhere. The more iinformation gathered the better.
  • Ewalker_2
    Options
    Angrydad01 wrote: »
    I got a ticket in this car park yesterday for parking outside the white lines. The car park surface resembled a building site and the white lines looked rather arbitrary. The attended demanded £60 on our return. I was not pleased and refused to pay and left. I then suddenly thought how could he trace me based on just my VRN. I work in law enforcement and can not trace people in this way without jumping through several complex legal hoops and I am part of DEFRA! I checked on line today and the company who issued the ticket - Bridgenorth Parking Services (T Farnell PO Box 730 HX11AA) are not part of a licensed scheme and have no access to the DVLA records. If they do trace me then they will have committed an offence! Any one know of a reason why I shouldn't just through the ticket away and forget it?
    I have also received a parking ticket on Tuesday i was aledgedlly 1 minute over the 10 minute allowance. I approached the parking officer who was walking back to his car as I put my toddler in my vehicle-he also demanded I pay the fine to save my self the £100 fine. I appealed this and with great detail and copies of my receipt showing I was in plenty time to get back to my car. For a short and direct response basically “my appeal was unsuccessful and I must pay the fine” no other details and using a gmail account. I don’t want to pay this but I don’t know what to do?
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    clearly you have simply googled this car park , fount the thread on MSE and posted

had you have read the thread you would have realised that this bloke has not got access to the dvla database

so if you do not write to him ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, he cant write to you
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Ewalker_2
    Options
    Also just to add the parking ticket has the name T Farrell on it with the same address as your. Self and the person who has emailed me to decline my appeal signed Tony Farrell.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Ewalker wrote: »
    I have also received a parking ticket on Tuesday i was aledgedlly 1 minute over the 10 minute allowance. I approached the parking officer who was walking back to his car as I put my toddler in my vehicle-he also demanded I pay the fine to save my self the £100 fine. I appealed this and with great detail and copies of my receipt showing I was in plenty time to get back to my car. For a short and direct response basically “my appeal was unsuccessful and I must pay the fine” no other details and using a gmail account. I don’t want to pay this but I don’t know what to do?

Did you give him your name and address? If not don’t. He can’t find it.
  • Ewalker_2
    Options
    Apologies! I have read the post I just needed some clarification thank you as I didn’t understand it, but thank you!
    Does this apply if I have emailed him?
  • Ewalker_2
    Options
    No just my name on the bottom of my email other detail, Thank you I just needed to reassurance.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    458 of posts on this thread explaining things ,
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Ewalker wrote: »
    No just my name on the bottom of my email other detail, Thank you I just needed to reassurance.

If he doesn’t have your address do not respond to him in any shape or form. Nothing. Not a peep.

If you get a proper postal letter from him let us know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure