Car price comparison sites

Options
1235»

Comments

• hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Yes its 2 cars involved - OH's 23 year old BMW (which he has loved but has now sat on the drive for the past year going out on just one occasion yet being MOTd, taxed and insured :() and then bunging in my Fabia too.
  • hethmar
    Options
    Car ordered, small deposit paid to big dealership contacted through a broker kindly recommended by Jack Spratt. 10-12 weeks wait, but at least its more settled now. Got another £1900 off the price.
  • jack_spratt_2
    Options
    hethmar wrote: »
    Car ordered, small deposit paid to big dealership contacted through a broker kindly recommended by Jack Spratt. 10-12 weeks wait, but at least its more settled now. Got another £1900 off the price.

Really pleased it worked out okay for you !! which model did you go for
  • hethmar
    edited 23 May 2009 at 8:13PM
    Options
    Many thanks Jack. We have gone for the new 1.6 SE Diesel. We have never had a new car in our lives before and OH is still looking a bit concerned about the money and so on :) But sons have said to me, enjoy it while you can, and I intend to.

I did think wed end up with the Peugeot 207 verve on special offer as it looks very pretty and is some 4.5k less :( but once I had seen the Golf Plus - well, no comparison is there (and how could I turn down a car that can parallel park itself! amazing).

Many thanks for your pointer to carfile. And Jonathan is a really lovely and genuine person, isnt he. Id never have thought of using a broker. I just hope that with all the confusion over this scrappage scheme that everything goes through ok.

Im currently bidding on a dog guard for the Golf Plus - VW want £206 for one :eek: - I think I will probably get this one for £35 as no one else seems interested and the Mk 5 will fit the Mk 6 the dealer told me.
  • £-saver_2
    Options
    Can i just say that if you are looking for outstanding car leasing/contract hire offers then i would most definatly use Hawkriver Leasing. Just google them :)

There service was next to none and i was dealt with in a very professional manner.. i would highly recommend using Hawkriver Ltd them as they were very friendly and my brand new car was delivered in weeks!! 10/10 !!!!!!:j
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    £-saver wrote: »
    Can i just say that if you are looking for outstanding car leasing/contract hire offers then i would most definatly use Hawkriver Leasing. Just google them :)

There service was next to none and i was dealt with in a very professional manner.. i would highly recommend using Hawkriver Ltd them as they were very friendly and my brand new car was delivered in weeks!! 10/10 !!!!!!:j

Can I just say "F**k off, Spammer".

Reported.

Admin might like to remove my post at the same time;).
  • I will have a look at some of these sites, thanks, although I refuse to go to one that may throw silly tunes or the cruel use of animals in my face.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure