Car price comparison sites

Options

Comments

• srw_topbloke
    Options
    I got a quote of a 20% discount on a Punto from broadspeed. I put this to the local dealer who offered me a discount of 23%. Always worth putting these deals to the dealers -

I must say, I am undecided between the Punto and the new Grande Punto - looks smashing.

anyone seen any deals on Grande Punto?
    I'm here to kick butt and chew bubblegum and i ain't got no bubblegum
  • amsurfer
    amsurfer Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    https://www.contracthireandleasing.com

All the major UK contract hire & car leasing companies on one site (100+)

Always OVER 25,000 CAR LEASING SPECIAL OFFERS to choose from!

It's been mentioned before but I thought it might be relevant to this post? Most Companies on this site can offer outright purchase with excellent discounts...
  • fagun
    fagun Posts: 411 Forumite
    Options
    Insuresupermarket didn't bring this site up for me for the Corolla Verso (but did for the Avensis Verso), but it was the cheapest other than Drive the Deal: www.cars4charity.co.uk.

www.micronetshowroom.com comes out very cheap as well, but a quick search of Yahoo gives a number of negative reviews. Anyone had any experience of them?
  • Syman
    Syman Posts: 2,616 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    got a test drive book for a vauxhall meriva tomorrow

will go armed with a quote from https://www.newcar4me.com and https://www.autoebid.com.

will let you know how things go.
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today!:mad:
    Cos if you do it today and like it...You can do it again tomorrow.. :p

Bookworm's Thread 2019 reading Challenge total :- 1/60
  • KathrynPenguin
    Options
    I've just ordered from Broadspeed and I was very impressed with the price. Its going through as a fleet sale, so I will appear as the second owner but only by a day (apparantly). The price I am paying though is just a few hundred more than I paid for my last one when I had an employee discount. I'm well pleased - this list has saved me over 5k!
    The best things in life are NOT free - but they sure are cheaper with MSE!:j
  • Bellman_2
    Options
    Kath, thats one of the sites I tried before deciding on another broker. Be careful.Have you checked with your insurers about that deal. I did, and subsequently backed out. I took some advice, they aren't supposed to be using companies fleet deals, and a car registered like that isn't supposed to be sold on for 3-6mths (it varies depending on the make), which is why you won't get the log book for at least 3 mths. My insurers wouldn't cover me as I'd be unable to produce my documents showing me as the owner or keeper in the event of an accident.

Seemed like a cheap deal to start with but when I looked into it, it was more risk than was worth it with the insurance. If you had an accident, who'd have the logbook for 12 weeks upwards? Certainly not you and your name will be nowhere on it in that time.

I had the same hassle with Motorpoint, but the other way around, they offered me a car that had already been registered nearly 6mths (so it had lost half its warranty) and was originally destined for Malta. Now- I know about this sort of stuff, cars built for hot climates have some major differences with UK normal ones, one being that they aren't rustproofed as well (as the country they are meant for shouldn't need it), but bring it into the wet UK climate and just as my neighbours did, it will rust (he lost the driver door hinge on a Peugeot from that outfit after 18mths). Moral of these stories, just shop around for a good standard UK car deal, theres enough around not go get involved with these dodgy type deals. I'm delighted with the broker I used and it was a bog-standard deal from a good dealer. I tried 6 before I got the right one, and learned a lot in the process.

It's taken me 20minutes to remember my password to get on this tonight so I'll sign off while the memory is still kicking.
  • stevebananer
    Options
    Enquired via Broadspeed for a particular model (Fiat Panda 1.2 Dynamic Aircon) which seemed to be on a great deal.
    When I heard nothing after several days I phoned them and a helpful lady apologised and gave me a number for the Fiat dealer.
    Called the dealer who had no record of the Broadspeed quote, although the website says the details should go through to the dealer when the online enquiry form is submitted. This dealer could barely believe the Broadspeed headline price and said they couldn't do anything like it. (Their price was about 2 grand more!)
    Went back to Broadspeed and the same lady said she'd get another supplier to contact me.
    Over a week later, and not a dicky bird.
    So far I just seem to have been wasting my time using this broker.
  • stevebananer
    Options
    Further to my last - and to bump up this useful thread - when I emailed Broadspeed to cancel my enquiry they wrote back on bank holiday Monday apologising and asking for another chance.
    Which I may give 'em as their prices look terrific..
  • PaulThor
    Options
    If you can't afford a car then car leasing is another good option. You can drive a brand new car for a relativly low monthly fee.

I could never afford a car and tried car leasing, and I am really pleased that I did so. Here are two companies that I thought may be of use to others out there that are also thinking of this as an option Natiowide Vehicle Contracts.

If anyone else also know of any good car leasing companies I would be grateful to here of their experiences.

Paul
  • tightwadd
    Options
    Just found this thread and thought I would share another leasing search engine that I found at http://www.leasingandcontracthire.com

When I first went there there was only a couple of companies with special offers but when I went back todays there were loads more.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure