PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Chinese food

Options

Comments

• Swan_2
    Swan_2 Posts: 7,060 Forumite
    edited 16 July 2011 at 12:54PM
    Options
    hi pixwix :)

the Japanese make omelettes in a rectangular pan that sounds similar to your description, I'll see if I can find a link so you can see one

EDIT ... link here, you can see the pan from about 3.20 in the video

if it's the right kind of pan, all you'll need to do is find out that secret recipe :think: then share it with us :D
  • poly1
    poly1 Posts: 409 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think the japanese call them call them Tamago pans for egg rolls?
    HTH
    Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death.
    Earl Wilson
  • lucylema
    lucylema Posts: 834 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I wonder if anyone can post a receipe for Manderin Beef please? I have discovered this at a restaurant in the city centre and love it. Thanks
    Lucylema x :j
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Swan wrote: »
    hi pixwix :)

the Japanese make omelettes in a rectangular pan that sounds similar to your description, I'll see if I can find a link so you can see one

EDIT ... link here, you can see the pan from about 3.20 in the video

if it's the right kind of pan, all you'll need to do is find out that secret recipe :think: then share it with us :D

oh my lordy just watched this ... there is a dog sitting next to the woman watching her ... couldnt move for laughing at that ...
  • Swan_2
    Swan_2 Posts: 7,060 Forumite
    Options
    elantan wrote: »
    oh my lordy just watched this ... there is a dog sitting next to the woman watching her ... couldnt move for laughing at that ...
    the Youtube channel's actually called Cooking With Dog, it's hilarious :rotfl:

good recipes though :D
  • pixwix
    pixwix Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Swan wrote: »
    poly1 wrote: »
    I think the japanese call them call them Tamago pans for egg rolls? HTH

Thanks people - enjoyed the link and info (and almost everything the links linked to - I'm hopeless like that:D). Learned a lot - but unfortunately that isn't the pan!:o Though I'm so taken with it, I might buy a Tamago pan too if I can find one.

The one I saw was much smaller and made of thin sheet metal - looked rather like an army mess tin, but even smaller than that. Almost like a flat-bottomed sugar/flour scoop. In fact saying it, I'm just this moment wondering if something like that might do - must go and Google for metal scoops. I've been assuming the pan was something traditional, but I'm now wondering if it wasn't just something the chef had adapted.

As for recipes - if I ever do get started, it's probably going to be trial and error - and possibly a bit more pestering on here.

Meanwhile, grandson watched that Bento-making thing too - I have to go and practice making rabbits out of apples, etc....:D
  • UtopiaOpera
    Options
    Is the OP Kwai still about? I've love to know how to make a Singapore Vermachelli. I can't make it so it is dry like in a restaurant, it always turns out wet and mushy!!!
  • jonny2510
    jonny2510 Posts: 671 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is the OP Kwai still about? I've love to know how to make a Singapore Vermachelli. I can't make it so it is dry like in a restaurant, it always turns out wet and mushy!!!

The one below (Kwai's recipe not mine, taken from this very thread) is close enough :):
    kwaichi wrote: »
    Singapore Rice Noodles are a classic dish that's served all over Asia with different variations. This spicy dish is really easy to make. Just prepare all the ingredients beforehand and it's just like cooking a chow mein dish.

SINGAPORE RICE NOODLES

First off grab 2 portions of dried rice noodles (vermicelli about 200g) and soak in kettle boiled water. Check on it every 20 seconds and shake with some chopsticks to see if has gone soft. When it's gone soft drain in a strainer and leave while you prepare the mix.

Prepare the following mix:

2 tablespoons of curry powder mixed into 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
    50g of shrimps (peeled and gutted)
    50g of sliced Char Siu pork
    50g of sliced chicken thigh fillet
    1 finely chopped garlic clove
    2 fresh birds eye chili peppers
    1 finely sliced sweet orange pepper
    1 tablespoon of soy sauce (Kikoman C00039)

Heat up a wok with 2 tablespoons of peanut oil and throw in 2 large beaten eggs.
    Add the mix and stir for 2 minutes.
    Add the noodles and drizzle a further 1 tablespoon of soy sauce (Kikoman C00039) on top.
    Stir fry for another minute making sure the mix has infiltrated the noodles. Add more sesame oil if not.

Serve and enjoy a classic :)

Source (Kwai): http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=20676021&postcount=94
  • UtopiaOpera
    Options
    Ohh, thank you. I will be trying this... Much more simple and less wet food stuffs than the other recipes I've come across.
  • morocha
    morocha Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Options
    , anyone got the recipe for crispy Chilly beef please?
    Mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure