PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Chinese food

Comments

• Pretani
    Pretani Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    kwaichi wrote: »
    CHINESE TAKEAWAY CURRY SAUCE

As a lot of you would like to know how to make the curry found in Chinese takeaways - here is the secret.

Add the following:
    Garam masala powder
    Termeric powder
    Sugar
    Water
    Oil
    Sweet and sour sauce

Is it necessary to add Sweet and sour sauce? What can you substitute that with as I don't want to make 2 sauce to get curry sauce.

also, could you make this in large quantities and freeze?
  • kwaichi
    kwaichi Posts: 161 Forumite
    MrsE wrote: »
    :beer:
    Told you it would go down a storm;)

I'm not sure if I can keep up lol. I love MSE! :j
    Kwai Chi
    Professional Video blogger
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    kwaichi wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I can keep up lol. I love MSE! :j

How about Mee Goring;)
  • freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    edited 9 April 2009 at 5:08PM
    Hiya,

Please could you post the recipe for prawn/sesame toast? I LOVE the stuff, but have never attempted to make it.

Thank you so much :D

Eek! Sorry, I didn't see someone had already requested this on the first page
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • kwaichi
    kwaichi Posts: 161 Forumite
    edited 9 April 2009 at 5:21PM
    chika wrote: »
    Wow thanks for this. Can you tell me how to make prawn toast - I've tried a few recipes and it never works! Thanks
    freakyogre wrote: »
    Hiya,

Please could you post the recipe for prawn/sesame toast? I LOVE the stuff, but have never attempted to make it.

Thank you so much :D

Eek! Sorry, I didn't see someone had already requested this on the first page

Please let me know where you are going wrong chika. This is one of the easiest things to make and is one of the easiest money spinners for restaurants.

PRAWN ON TOAST

Firstly grab about 500g of fresh Prawns, remove the shell and take out the black gut on the spine then chop into small pieces.
    Finely chop up 1 large Spring onion.
    Lightly beat 1 egg white.

Add into a mixing bowl with:

1 tablespoon of cornflour
    1 teaspoon of Sesame oil
    1 teaspoon of dark Soy sauce (I recommend Kikoman C000039)

Mix in really well and rechop anything that's too big (you could alternatively pop everything into a processor with a coarse blade)

Toast 10 slices of bread in a toaster or grill and then spread the mixture onto each slice (If you have made too much mixture then toast more bread) The mixture should stay on if you lift the bread, if not then try spreading it in harder or use less mix.

Get a jar of sesame seeds and evenly coat all your mixture bits on the toast. Press it a little if they do not stick easily (and use a little more sesame oil to act as a glue if this does not work).

Heat up half a litre of peanut oil in a deep fat fryer and dunk the toast in when the oil is hot. The hot oil should seal the mixture and sesame seeds in.
    It is ready when the sesame seeds change colour to a dark brown colour.

Drain on some kitchen roll/ clean teatowel/ oil drainer

You can make the mixture in bulk and freeze for a later date to fry. You can also make up the toast and freeze for frying later too. That is common practice in Takeaways and restaurants. The thing to look out for when buying from a restaurant or takeaway is the amount of mixture included. It is often disguised by the amount of sesame seeds.
    Kwai Chi
    Professional Video blogger
  • Do you have a recipe for beef ho fun (dry) please?
  • Cullumpster
    Cullumpster Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    our chinese does a curry sauce that is bright red and delish :) do you know what this is ?
  • jimmyboy420
    jimmyboy420 Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Recipe for Shredded Chilli Crispy Beef please?

This please! Wow there recipes are making me hungry!
    3.924kWp (12X327Wp SunPower). SolarEdge SE3500 inverter.
    Surrey/SE. 30 degree roof pitch, chimney shading from mid afternoon.
  • mouseymousey99
    mouseymousey99 Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    Thank you so much for doing this - if you are not laid up by now one more quickie...
    when I make a stir fry - albeit beef or pork, I cut the meat very thinly (& buy good quality) but - its always as tough as old boots...what am I doing wrong please?
    Many thanks
  • Ooh what a great thread! Could you tell me how to make Chicken chinese style and the batter for chicken /pork balls please x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills