in a nutshell!

Options
Dear Money Brainiacs

The new financial year is upon us (soon), can you assist as to what isa is best,

I need full access, transfer in from older isa's (7k) and hopefully no grief! also the wife needs to do the same (3.6k)

My old isa is with Alliance & Leicester but I understand the rates are pretty poor for the 2nd year.
My wife is with NCBS.

Hope you can help

Wooders:money:
One day I'll be rich me tells ya.....rich.....hahaha:D

Comments

• dazeruk
    dazeruk Posts: 313 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation.

I've got £12,000 in a Lloyds ISA, fixed at 6.5% for a year and is just about to mature. It goes down to 1% after that.

Hopefully, I'll be buying a house soon so want instant access but a good rate until I need the money.

I've decided to go with NatWest at 3.51%
  • Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    Have a look through this post - those which do & those which do not accept transfers are shown, so scroll through the whole post.
  • wooders
    wooders Posts: 159 Forumite
    Options
    cheers baldur
  • wooders
    Options
    Are there any rumours of good isa deals for 09-10? I don't want to jump the gun?
  • Baldur
    Options
    wooders wrote: »
    Are there any rumours of good isa deals for 09-10? I don't want to jump the gun?
    The best offers are usually available before the new tax year - if you are in an easy access ISA, you can always transfer again if rates increase.
  • wooders
    Options
    So would you advise natwest 3.25% for both. probably less hassle as we hold our current accounts there
  • Baldur
    Options
    So would you advise natwest 3.25% for both. probably less hassle as we hold our current accounts there
    I never advise anything, just try to give options - your choice.

If you have your current accounts with them, it certainly sounds one to consider but be aware that there may be a rate reduction yet to come - they reduced other variable rate products on 1st April - https://www.emoneyfacts.co.uk/news/savings-news.aspx?newsarticleid=184320
  • wooders
    Options
    could I re transfer if this occurs?
  • Baldur
    Options
    could I re transfer if this occurs?
    You can transfer a Cash ISA at any time (subject to Terms & Conditions of the account) but be aware that it takes up to 30 days for a transfer to take place and the new provider must accept transfers (not all do).
  • B.E.N
    B.E.N Posts: 193 Forumite
    Options
    Also, don't just assume that the rate on your old ISA has dropped to 0.0000001%. I naturally assumed this on my old A& L Premier Issue 2 Isa, and when I checked, the rate is still:: 5.8%!!!!!!!

Check yours here:

http://www.alliance-leicester.co.uk/savings/interest-rates.aspx
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure