Morrison's Car Park in Barrow - Scam?

Options

Comments

• oldone_2
    oldone_2 Posts: 974 Forumite
    Options
    Go to the motoring section of this site where you will find further advice on dealing with these invoices i.e ignore them.
  • Enfieldian
    Enfieldian Posts: 2,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Scam? How?

It is a Private Parking Ticket, more like a racket than a scam.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yeah, they do, but I needed an Abbey one. My business account operator card won't work anywhere else.
    Either you pay it,ignore it ,or see if the Manager will believe you that you can't use your card in their ATM.Personally,I find that hard to believe.
  • markelock
    markelock Posts: 1,735 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    surely you either ignore it, or show them your receipt proving you shopped there at a specific time after parking there on the specific date.

job done.

btw, you posted in the wrong forum, so you owe me £50.
    Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl Bart? Why did I have the bowl?
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This issue has been raised before.They don't care if you have shopped there,but they care if you have left the car park to go elsewhere,which is fair comment.
  • omen666
    omen666 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There are many threads on this forum about such things, the upshot is that these "fines" are not enforceable.
    What he says
  • marinegirl_2
    Options
    They will most probably have CCTV to prove it was you!!
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    marinegirl wrote: »
    They will most probably have CCTV to prove it was you!!

And how do they find him? The only person they can track down is the RK, via the DVLA.

Anyway it's irrelevant. As others have said, it's a scam.
  • max2009
    max2009 Posts: 543 Forumite
    Options
    So a store who tries to stop non-customers parking on their land are labelled as operating a scam ? People wonder why shoppers moan when they cannot park at a supermarket and have to walk half a mile laden with bags of shopping.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    max2009 wrote: »
    So a store who tries to stop non-customers parking on their land are labelled as operating a scam ? People wonder why shoppers moan when they cannot park at a supermarket and have to walk half a mile laden with bags of shopping.

They can keep the car-park for customers by other means. All they need is a barrier and ticket system, with the ticket only being validated if you make a minimum purchase in the store.

I image that the so-called "fine" demanded something like £75 for wrongly parking in the car-park. That is just extortion. All the parking company can claim is the actual loss the supermarket has suffered. This would be a couple of pounds at most.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure