IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Car stuck in car park

Options
Hi. Ive just been for a meal with my mother and father for his 60. We parked in a car park in south shields. I paid £2,30 for more than 2 hours. When we come out weve got a ticket and the car park is sealed up. We managed to lift up one of the gates and broke it a little, my 5 year old daughter was very upset. We have looked at the ticket and it is valid until tommorrow evening what can we do. It has really !!!!d me off help me please.....please
Loving this site.:beer:

Comments

• gabyjane
    gabyjane Posts: 3,541 Forumite
    Options
    Hi we have a car park near ud like this which is a short stay and another bigger one nect to it, little did i know when me and my sis and some friends returned to her car and had the same prob as you! we luckily could drive round through this area and get out but they have since sussed this and pillared it off! there is a sign on the top of the barriers but you have to look high which states it will close after 9pm..was there anything saying similar? did you get the car out in the end or just danage the gate?
  • leefire
    leefire Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    WE got the car out and damaged the gate a little. There was a sign high up which we didnt see. The problem is now that we have a %50 fine and we will probably get done for criminal damage. Its a discrace the obviously place the signs high and do this to catch you out. Surely there must be a way to stop this. Im going to go and see the local paper and then go and pay the sign in £50 pounds worth of pennies and then i bet ill get done for about £500 of criminal damage. Is there anybody out there in moneysver who knows any loop holes that can help me. Can someone entrap your car like this? This is my local council who i pay and they are just ripping us off. People must just pay the fines... but ive had enough its no wonder 100 people a day leave this country and move to Australia.Every where you turn you get !!!! on unless your a criminal you have no rights in this country
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This is the best place for your query.
  • leefire
    Options
    Thanks but the site is more for speeding offences etc. Please somebody on moneysaver must be able to tell me some details about how high they have to put the signs up and stuff? help me moneysaver friends
  • 10past6
    10past6 Posts: 4,962 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I see you're in the North East, I'm surprised you've not heard of Neil Herron

You could also try here
    Click here for Martins (MSE) advice on who to contact with Debt Issues - YOU HAVE NO REASON TO USE A FEE PAYING DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPANY- THEY CANNOT DO ANYMORE FOR YOU THAN THOSE LISTED IN MY LINK ABOVE.

All information given by myself is offered informally and without prejudice - if in doubt seek help from a qualified and insured professional
  • Canvey
    Canvey Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    Try consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forums
  • leefire
    Options
    Again thank you but again this is a site which you have to pay on for information. Its just a shame that the people of this country are so pushed and shoved back that they dont believe they have a voice. I wish that everyone would stand up and be counted. The farmers who tryed to stand up against the fuel prices nearly had a voice until the gov realised that and really !!!!ed them up with a good old mad cow disease. What will eventually happen in about 10 years is people will get really sick off having the !!!! took out of them and the !!!! is going to hit the fan......have you seen mad max.lol
  • hewhoisnotintheknow
    Options
    how many other cars were also blocked in due to not being able to spot the sign?
  • Pew_Pew_Pew_Lasers!
    Options
    leefire wrote: »
    Thanks but the site is more for speeding offences etc. Please somebody on moneysaver must be able to tell me some details about how high they have to put the signs up and stuff? help me moneysaver friends

No it isn't, it has a dedicated section of the forum for parking issues.

Go there. By the way if you pay the 'fine', they'll probably want you for the barrier damage. So go to Pepipoo and speak to those guys before you do anything.
  • 1984ReturnsForReal_2
    Options
    "and pay the sign (fine) in £50 pounds worth of pennies"

dont do that. they can legally refuse to cash it.
    Not Again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family