John Lewis broke MY stuff on delivery!

Options

Comments

• Art_2
    Art_2 Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    Options
    miniemma wrote: »
    Did you buy from a JL store or from JL online?

In my experience, JL stores give excellent customer service but their online customer service is dreadful!

A bunch of flowers, an apology and a gift card is all you can expect and all you are entitled to.

Regards,
    Art.
  • gaz_jones
    gaz_jones Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    Options
    I'm gunna be the first to say, but not the first to think, TROLL!

Maybe i'm wrong I don't know but i'd put money on a troll.

Comes for advice, shouts at people, brags about how much money they've spent there, gets angry when they get the wrong answer. If they're not a troll they're definitely a wind up merchant. Think you lot are wasting your time trying to help her.
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • ScattyKatty84
    Options
    gaz_jones wrote: »
    I'm gunna be the first to say, but not the first to think, TROLL!

Maybe i'm wrong I don't know but i'd put money on a troll.

Comes for advice, shouts at people, brags about how much money they've spent there, gets angry when they get the wrong answer. If they're not a troll they're definitely a wind up merchant. Think you lot are wasting your time trying to help her.

All I meant was I didn't like Daisy making out that I would try and scam them! I wouldn't never go down a market and try and pass something off, so yes I got a little upset. I didn't mean I didn't want the help, all I meant was I really didn't think it was very nice for her to make out that I would try something like that. The figures do mean a lot to me, I phoned JL in tears after they were broken and the reply was the driver says it was your fault. That was probably the most upsetting part! My husband and I have never asked for any form of compensation, in fact I can't think of anything we hav ever even returned to JL.

I am not bragging about what we have spent, just that we bought a lot from them last month so it's not like we buy one thing, claim it's broken and expect a refund! This is a one off problem, with a company that I happen to really like but I am upset but what happened and just wanted to know if I had any rights at all. I mean if it had been the bed that had been broken I'm sure they would have exchanged it, but they broke things that can't be exchanged so what should I do?

Also, what onn earth does troll mean?
  • ScattyKatty84
    Options
    Art wrote: »
    A bunch of flowers, an apology and a gift card is all you can expect and all you are entitled to.

Regards,
    Art.

Oh and I bought from John Lewis Reading, the customer services manager has actually been really nice but I don't think she is there full time as the other people I spoke to don't seem to have a clue. Oh and normally I find JL online really good but once I did wait over a month for some cusions they said were in stock which was a bit weird, but hey they came in the end!
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    All I meant was I didn't like Daisy making out that I would try and scam them!

You really need to step back, calm down and start reading calmly.

Daisy did NOT make out you would do this.

All she said was...

"For all John Lewis know they could have been picked up from the local market. "

An entirely fair comment to explain that JL have nothing concrete to help them come to a decision over what best to do.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • ScattyKatty84
    Options
    Ok I don't think I'm cut out for this forum, the only one I go on is tennisforum.com and the most heated argument i've ver had is whether Elena Dementieva will ever win a slam :)

My husband has been posted in Germany for 2 years so this is our first ever house together and we saved up a long time for the bed and were just really upset about what happened. He now thinks I'm extra silly for crying about people I don't know's comments but I am just really worked up about this. I'm going to write to JL and say I just want to forget it all. I'd rather just find somewhere else to shop...something my husband will be thrilled about as he thinks JL is too expensive anyway!

Sorry for all the hassel, I guess this isn't the place for me. Thanks x
  • Optimist
    Optimist Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Ok I don't think I'm cut out for this forum, the only one I go on is tennisforum.com and the most heated argument i've ver had is whether Elena Dementieva will ever win a slam :)

My husband has been posted in Germany for 2 years so this is our first ever house together and we saved up a long time for the bed and were just really upset about what happened. He now thinks I'm extra silly for crying about people I don't know's comments but I am just really worked up about this. I'm going to write to JL and say I just want to forget it all. I'd rather just find somewhere else to shop...something my husband will be thrilled about as he thinks JL is too expensive anyway!

Sorry for all the hassel, I guess this isn't the place for me. Thanks x

Why are you getting upset ? Its not an argument go on to the discussion thread on Moneysavers arms there you can have a real ding dong if you want lol

You asked for advice and people gave it. The fact that it doesn't agree with what you hoped to hear is no reason to get upset.

Good luck in getting it sorted to your expectations but consider that your expectations might be rather high
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell. British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm sorry you feel that way ScattyKatty. Please dont get upset.

It's clear you were feeling quite emotional about this from your first post but the problem with emotion is that it does tend to cloud judgement. None of us meant to hurt your feelings or upset you but it did need pointing out that you were being a little unfair about other poster's comments and also what you expected from JL themselves (the bed cost)....as you were not recognising that yourself imo.

I hope this gets sorted out to your satisfaction and I also hope you feel better soon and will come back to the site. It really does have a lot of helpful people and a lot of useful information you know. :)
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • Patrick20
    Patrick20 Posts: 754 Forumite
    Options
    Guys i dont think she got upset at what was said but the way it was said. Everyone basically made her feel as though John Lewis was right and she was wrong. Just because that is all she can expect from John Lewis doesnt mean that its right for them to offer such a paltry amount. The discussion could have been handled with a little more care, considering the emotional value of the item. I know it was meant well but i didnt come across.

And Gaz Jones the TROLL remark done nothing but aggravated the situation. there was no need and nomic climate just nowe should be welcoming new people coming to this forum, considering the economic climate just now i'll bet were getting lots of new members regularly so be nice to them.
  • Blacksheep1979
    Blacksheep1979 Posts: 4,224 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    webtalk wrote: »
    JL isn't in the business of ripping people off.

Apart from their dubious 'never knowingly undersold' policy - when they blatently know that there are many many places to buy goods cheaper.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure