Wacko Jacko? when? where? (merged)

Options

Comments

• Stubbarama
    Stubbarama Posts: 295 Forumite
    Options
    While I agree that £9 its quite steep for a booking charge, thats how TM and other ticket sellers make money, the £75 goes to the promoter to distribute to The venue, performer, Roadies etc

When you bought the tickets you agreed to the T's & C's
  • michael1984_2
    Options
    Did anyone book from seetickets? I swear the booking fee was £8.25 per ticket when I ordered them (which I thought was surprising as less than TM) but the email confirmation states tickets are £84.75 each, ie £75+booking fee of £9.75! Probably too small to even try and speak to them about but thought I'd ask on here as thought I was going mad!
  • Claire3121
    Claire3121 Posts: 317 Forumite
    Options
    Is there anyway that we could dispute the booking fees? Abit like unfair bank charges getting refunded. Because Im sorry but £9 is just an absolute joke. For our 3 tickets thats cost us £27!! What on earth do they need that money for? To print the tickets?!!!

Exactly...and thats with post charge on top so.......:confused::mad:
    :jPrince's number one fan!!!:j
    :AR.I.P Michael Joseph Jackson. Moonwalking with the angels xxx:A
  • Carrie85
    Carrie85 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Claire3121 wrote: »
    Looks like they're already refunding money back to those who ordered more than 4 tickets:mad:

Has the information of the booking been wiped off the online ticketmaster accounts as well or just the money been refunded?

Is it only the extra tickets being refunded or is it all of them booked with the same card / address?
    Save £12K in 2019 #: £0.00 / £10,000 (0%)
    :www: Saving For A House Deposit: [STRIKE]2015: £2,501.90 / £25,000 (10%)[/STRIKE] 2016: £5,435.06 / £25,000 (21.7%) :www:
  • sumeet
    sumeet Posts: 298 Forumite
    Options
    Claire3121 wrote: »
    Looks like they're already refunding money back to those who ordered more than 4 tickets:mad:

Yesterday, I think on around post 1487 it was said that AEG were going to correct TM that its a 4 per night limit, and not 4 per tour, has this now changed??
  • Claire3121
    Options
    sumeet wrote: »
    Yesterday, I think on around post 1487 it was said that AEG were going to correct TM that its a 4 per night limit, and not 4 per tour, has this now changed??

you tell me:confused: all I know is people are ringing tm when its aeg we should be ringing and making sure they sort it out:mad:
  • pinkbubblegum
    Options
    anymore going on sale that have been cancelled coz people ordered more than 4?
  • offerto
    offerto Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    anymore going on sale that have been cancelled coz people ordere. more than 4?

i`ve spoke to a ticketmaster agent about this matter & all they will say is that those that have exceeded their limit will have the extra tickets cancelled and they will be released for sale but will not be pinned down as to when it will happen, and they advised that i just keep on trying,
  • kranti
    kranti Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    For the general sale, I read the Purchase Policy and embedded Terms & Conditions when first entering the Ticketmaster website. The site states that it is assumed that these have been read and accepted if you proceed. Neither the Purchase Policy nor the Terms & Conditions state a maximum of tickets for the Michael Jackson concerts. They do state "When purchasing tickets on ticketmaster.co.uk, you are limited to a specified number of tickets for each event. This amount is included on the first purchase page and is verified with every transaction. This policy is in effect to discourage unfair ticket buying practices and only that these will be stated when purchasing tickets."
    So I went to the date selection page, selected Find Tickets and went to the first purchase page. This stated "Please note: There is a ticket limit of 4 tickets per person and per credit card on this event." Event is not a defined term on the Ticketmaster website. An Event is therefore a single performance on one date. The following provide additional background to this:
    1. From Collins dictionary:
    "event
    Noun
    1. anything that takes place, esp. something important
    2. a planned and organized occasion: the wedding was one of the social events of the year
    3. any one contest in a sporting programme"
    2. If you have bought tickets for more than one performance / night / event, the Ticketmaster website shows the following when click on MyTicketmaster above the boxes for Email and Password.
    "You currently have 2 upcoming events."
    Therefore, Ticketmaster themselves assume that an Event is a single performance.
    The repeatedly updated Customer Service FAQs do not form part of the contract as at no point in the Ticket sale are these referenced or shown.
    From this, anyone who assumes that they can buy 4 tickets per person and credit card per performance should be legally entitled to do so.
    It is a shame that Ticketmaster and AEG are not on the same page as each other or their own Purchase Policy and Terms & Conditions.
  • Claire3121
    Options
    kranti wrote: »
    For the general sale, I read the Purchase Policy and embedded Terms & Conditions when first entering the Ticketmaster website. The site states that it is assumed that these have been read and accepted if you proceed. Neither the Purchase Policy nor the Terms & Conditions state a maximum of tickets for the Michael Jackson concerts. They do state "When purchasing tickets on ticketmaster.co.uk, you are limited to a specified number of tickets for each event. This amount is included on the first purchase page and is verified with every transaction. This policy is in effect to discourage unfair ticket buying practices and only that these will be stated when purchasing tickets."
    So I went to the date selection page, selected Find Tickets and went to the first purchase page. This stated "Please note: There is a ticket limit of 4 tickets per person and per credit card on this event." Event is not a defined term on the Ticketmaster website. An Event is therefore a single performance on one date. The following provide additional background to this:
    1. From Collins dictionary:
    "event
    Noun
    1. anything that takes place, esp. something important
    2. a planned and organized occasion: the wedding was one of the social events of the year
    3. any one contest in a sporting programme"
    2. If you have bought tickets for more than one performance / night / event, the Ticketmaster website shows the following when click on MyTicketmaster above the boxes for Email and Password.
    "You currently have 2 upcoming events."
    Therefore, Ticketmaster themselves assume that an Event is a single performance.
    The repeatedly updated Customer Service FAQs do not form part of the contract as at no point in the Ticket sale are these referenced or shown.
    From this, anyone who assumes that they can buy 4 tickets per person and credit card per performance should be legally entitled to do so.
    It is a shame that Ticketmaster and AEG are not on the same page as each other or their own Purchase Policy and Terms & Conditions.

Saw your post on the MJ forum:beer: and thats an excellent point re their definition of event. I truely think AEG have shot themselves in the foot there. Ahhh stress:eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family