The Great 'Car Clubs Cost Cutting' Hunt

1235»

Comments

• jonparr
    jonparr Posts: 24 Forumite
    Very surprised this isn't a more popular thread as it seems to be a great way of money saving!

Just from my own experience, have signed up with Co-Wheels a social enterprise company who seem to be a national company I think it has been a great money saver for me. There are four cars in our local car park in Redhill. Last night needed a car at the last minute and was able to book it on the way to the car park in less than a minute.

Prices seem to be pretty good too at between 3.75-4.75/hours plus 13p per mile, with other savings like only charging two hours for an overnight hire between 8pm and 8am or a maximum daily charge if you need it all day.

Having said that, if it becomes popular, then last minute hire may become more difficult, but at the moment it is the perfect solution for me as we were beginning to think we would need a second car as I cycle whilst my wife uses the car for work. Now on the occasions when I need a car, I'm not reliant on others or taxis for lifts etc.
  • Is this thread still going? Are Car Clubs still popular and accessible? Considering ditching my car altogether and saving on costs for one-off weekend trips.
  • I've previously been a member of City Car Club (now Enterprise Car Club), and I found that not driving as often as I used to has not been worth paying the monthly membership fee.
    I came across another car club called Ubeeqo. It's great! You have a choice of the type of membership you want: "Flirt" or "Passion"

With Flirt, you pay no membership fees, no sign up fees or monthly fees. All you pay for is the hourly rate or daily rate of the car according to which you choose.

With Passion, you pay £9/month to get a reduced rate for the cars you book to use.

Both membership types include in the booking:
    50 miles, Fuel, London Congestion Charge and Dart Charge always included. Book up to one month in advance, from 1 hour up to 3 days at a time.
    (ubeeqo.com/en-gb/car-club-london/prices)
    All bookings come with standard damage protection insurance, but on booking your vehicle you can add on extra protection which can vary on vehicle type.

If you decide to register as a new member for the Passion membership type, the first 3 months are free.

You can also use the code LEIVZM on signing up first time to get £20 of credit.

By far the best rate I can find, and very helpful services from 9am-9pm everyday if ever you need assistance.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    New member, recommending a company with overdue accounts?

Does it come with a tin opener?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure