Nationwide card reader: they've gone too far

124»

Comments

• I was trying a really simple change of email address the other night and it asked for my card reader, so I gave up as I couldnt be a...d to go find it and work out what to do.
    The minute they stop free withdrawals in Turkey ( the reason i got the card!) I'm closing my account with them as I find their online banking with their long ID numbers too complicated and need something quick and straightforward if away from home

Also I couldnt get any money out in Rome a couple of weeks ago, because I had been in Istanbul 2 weeks before. tried 4 different machines and it said it had been declined by my bank

I hadnt taken any other cards with me and it was a nightmare having to borrow trainfare on arrival for me and my daughter which left my mum without enough cash so we couldnt have any lunch until she was able to change some more.....blah blah a nice start to celebrating her 70th birthday!

couldnt get any cash until i was able ring them to find out why it was being declined (mobile from Rome to an 0845.... and they had no facility to call me back)

I've emailed them a complaint and they havent even bothered to contact me

You would think in the current climate customer retention would be top priority.....

arrrgggghhh, they drive me crazy

rant over
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,810 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    bankersmug wrote: »
    Aarrgh!!
    I've just tried to transfer some money from my Nationwide flex account into my e-savings account. It is now asking for the card reader for this internal transfer as well!!

I thikn you must have ben very unlucky - I've tried it and like many other posters it didn't ask me to use the card reader. I don't understand how they could enforce this, given that I suspect that it's perfectly possible to have both and flex account and e-savings account without even possessing a card ?
  • BruceyBonus
    BruceyBonus Posts: 1,142 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Does anyone know what triggers NW to send one of these things? I've got a Flex with debit card but haven't received one of these awful things yet.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    I thikn you must have ben very unlucky - I've tried it and like many other posters it didn't ask me to use the card reader. I don't understand how they could enforce this, given that I suspect that it's perfectly possible to have both and flex account and e-savings account without even possessing a card ?

Agreed. I moved money between my Flex and E-saver earlier today, and did not need to use my card-reader.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    couldnt get any cash until i was able ring them to find out why it was being declined (mobile from Rome to an 0845.... and they had no facility to call me back)

I've emailed them a complaint and they havent even bothered to contact me

Use an old-fashioned letter for this kind of complaint.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure