Sainsburys Bank PPI Claim

Options
Hi,

I took out a Sainsbury Bank loan of £5000 in December 2002. This was paid back by April 2006.

I am more than certain I was mis-sold the PPI on this loan.

Can I claim it back as the loan was taken out before Jan 05?

I have no paperwork for this loan, so what would my first step be?

Many Thanks

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Lee999 wrote: »
    Hi,

I took out a Sainsbury Bank loan of £5000 in December 2002. This was paid back by April 2006.

I am more than certain I was mis-sold the PPI on this loan.

Can I claim it back as the loan was taken out before Jan 05?

I have no paperwork for this loan, so what would my first step be?

Many Thanks

Hi there

I think you could try to request a copy of the agreement from them, there is a charge normally of £1 postal order or cheque payment for this, and they have 12 days to supply this to you from request.
    Hopefully they will be able to supply this for you.

However, another way is a Subject Access Request Access (SAR) there is a charge of £10 cheque or postal order payment for this and there is a template of this on the thread.
    They have to supply everything all data they have on you within the last 6 years.
    They have 40 days to comply and post by recorded delivery.

Try requesting for a copy of the agreement first and we shall take it from there, let us know when you have received this, and we shall move on from there.

Of course if you feel you were mis sold in any way you can still try to complain and reclaim on this.

If you write to request your agreement, and you do not know the account number details, let them know if there was a change of address at the time and if any different surname, also add your date of birth.

Keep me posted on this so we can help you if required.

Good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Lee999
    Lee999 Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks for your reply di3004.

I will do what you have suggested and hopefully receive some sort of response from them.

Has anyone else dealt with Sainsburys Bank with regards to a PPI claim?
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options

I will do what you have suggested and hopefully receive some sort of response from them.

Hi there
    Not a problem.

Have you tried checking on the success thread?

You may come across some success of these on there.;)

Keep us posted on yours, cheers. X
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • pinknico
    pinknico Posts: 3,261 Forumite
    Options

Yes, and I won my claim. The loan was taken out in 2002.
    DS1 12/10/04
    DS2 13/07/06
    DD1 06/12/07
  • bathgatebuyer
    Options
    I'm still awaiting a decision in resepct of a credit card claim against Sainsburys which has been with the Adjudicator since May 08. Hopefully there will be a decision sooner rather than later.

I also had a Sainsburys loan which ended in 05 which would, in all probability, have been mis-sold as the cheque arrived by courier one night along with the paperwork for the agreement not give me much time to sign for any insurance cover really!

I'm sure I've read something about the FOS considering a similiar case of a doorstep signature.
    Almost debt-free, but certainly even with the Banks!
  • Lee999
    Lee999 Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    I'm still awaiting a decision in resepct of a credit card claim against Sainsburys which has been with the Adjudicator since May 08. Hopefully there will be a decision sooner rather than later.

I also had a Sainsburys loan which ended in 05 which would, in all probability, have been mis-sold as the cheque arrived by courier one night along with the paperwork for the agreement not give me much time to sign for any insurance cover really!

I'm sure I've read something about the FOS considering a similiar case of a doorstep signature.

Yes, that was exactly for me. A courier delivered the cheque and I just signed for it.
  • bathgatebuyer
    Options
    Can you recall anything else about what you were asked to sign? In all honesty, I can't other than twitching around nervously waiting for the guy to come to my door with a cheque! I can't even CCA them as the agreement is no longer in place.
    Almost debt-free, but certainly even with the Banks!
  • pinknico
    Options
    With Sainsburys my reasons for mis selling were,
    *made to feel I had to have PPI
    *no sign of the word optional against the PPI amount on the credit agreement
    *no where did it say interest would be added to the PPI
    *no total amount payable was given for the PPI amount
    DS1 12/10/04
    DS2 13/07/06
    DD1 06/12/07
  • veryhappykat
    Options
    pinknico wrote: »
    Yes, and I won my claim. The loan was taken out in 2002.

I took out a loan with Saisnbury - I also had a courier arrive with a cheque which I think I paid £50 extra for and the cheque was in the wrong name!! Can you tell me who did you write to and how long did it take? I sent a letter off in February but have heard nothing - all my paperwork has Home Shopping Personal Finance on it rather than sainsbury but it was definately Sainsbury i applied to.
    Thanks
    Kat
  • pinknico
    Options
    My insurance was provided by the Bank of Scotland, and so I wrote to them as well as Sainsburys, never heard from Sainsburys,only the bank of scotland.

Sainsbury's Bank
    City House
    City Road
    Chester
    CH88 3AN
    DS1 12/10/04
    DS2 13/07/06
    DD1 06/12/07
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories