MONEY MORAL DILEMMA. You spotted the voucher. Should you keep the cash?

Options

Comments

• Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Options
    No way jose! I'd turn up and say "good news I've got a voucher! Shall we use it to buy some wine or would you all like a fiver back?"
    Keeping it would be stealing from friends - how low do you wanna stoop!
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • natalouie
    Options
    Make everyones night and come clean. We are all skint at this time of year and this news will make you a popular honest fellow. Friends are more inportant than money. I would never con a friend.
  • supersmith
    Options
    I would tell everyone about the voucher, and ask if they wanted the £5 back or if we should spend it on drinks, making it an even better night for everyone. It would make everyone's evening, you would get lots of brownie points and good cheer from everyone for having saved them all some money and made the night out even better!
  • Tiggergirl
    Options
    I don't see how you could get away with paying part of the bill with a voucher without everyone noticing.
    I actually went out yesterday lunchtime with colleagues - 12 of us using 6 2for1 vouchers at pizza express. With all the kerfuffle getting the bill paid, there's no way any of us could have slyly got out the vouchers and paid without the others noticing.
  • yenners
    yenners Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    No, I wouldn't keep the cash. I see that as equal to stealing, and cheating my friends.
    Not buying clothes for a year - it's liberating!
  • worbikeman
    worbikeman Posts: 2,971 Forumite
    Options
    definitely let evry1 know about it, how could you not?
  • MR.NeilB
    Options
    You cant keep the money, it`s not yours. Simple as that. Nothing to do with worrying about them finding out. Also as was said before, it will make everyone`s night all the better.
  • tinribs69
    Options
    I'd definitely give the fivers back to everyone,my conscience wouldn't let me do otherwise.:confused:
  • elizabethhull
    Options
    I have actually been in this situation, and I gave everyone thier money back when we met - they were delighted to then have some money for 'free' drinks. It would not have occurred to me to keep it, after all, I benefited from the £5 reduction too. I was offered drinks by various people, but as I'm teetotal and really love water best with my meal I just got a public thankyou for organising the do.
  • robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yes im with most on here give it back , it will be better night then

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport