V A N Q U I S

Options

Comments

• never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    I wasn't aware that you were some Vanquis expert, worked for Vanquis, managed one of there calls centres or have had numerous calls from them.

I'm not, but i've rung them several times:
    been rejected 4 times, then got accepted and had trouble getting card then had trouble with pin then had trouble with cheque so after like 30+ calls to them over the last month, lots of times requiring a call back, they couldn't offer this facility and told me if I couldn't get to a landline to ring them back later. I'm only saying what they told me!
    The fact is that on this one mate you are wrong and I am right.

There is no wrong and right! I am saying it is unusual for them to do this, you say they did so fine. Ok, your point has been accepted but all i'm trying to say is it is strange for them to do this.
    If they did not call my mobile I would not have said they did.

Some people do lie, believe it or not a lot of people do! They are called trolls.
    I am never at home between office hours therefore I am uncontactable on the landline, only my partner uses it so that is that.

I made it explicitly clear to Vanquis in my cover letter sent with my ID to call my mobile.

Possibly you got lucky or you were called back by a different department - as previously stated in my earlier post "who knows?".....

I'm not arguing, i'm telling you the facts. Like them or lump them, it's no need to get snotty. :mad:
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • Innocent_Guy
    Innocent_Guy Posts: 5,369 Forumite
    Options
    Im off anyway, no point of being in Krakow and sitting on the net!!

Goodnight to all LOL
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000
    6 credit accounts closed in 2010!

Official SOS Club number 001 - Dry until 01.07.10
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mystery solved. OH rung them up and they said his application was void as he'd already applied for one in the past six months and got turned down.
  • sutton111
    sutton111 Posts: 6,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cally6008 wrote: »
    Mystery solved. OH rung them up and they said his application was void as he'd already applied for one in the past six months and got turned down.

I did that as well, but even if they decline you, you never get told, I think Vanquis use clairvoyance and as I'm not clairvoyant I didn't know they declined me.
  • UncleSimit
    UncleSimit Posts: 167 Forumite
    Options
    cally6008 wrote: »

I think this is why I am yet to receive a response too, as they haven't even done a credit check on me. Although I re-applied for Capital One just over a month of getting declined and was accepted....ah well.
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    I think this is why I am yet to receive a response too, as they haven't even done a credit check on me. Although I re-applied for Capital One just over a month of getting declined and was accepted....ah well.

Is the actual system at Vanquis live? thinking about it my credit search wasn't done the same day I applied, yea maybe the same week but deffo not the same day.

I wonder if they are manually doing them to save on credit ref costs (we're in a recession you know!) :confused:

• never-in-doubt
    Options
    sutton111 wrote: »
    I did that as well, but even if they decline you, you never get told, I think Vanquis use clairvoyance and as I'm not clairvoyant I didn't know they declined me.

I thought you had a Vanquis mate? How on earth have you got littlewoods but not vanquis? weird......

also, ive had JD williams for 1 month, I spent £60 and paid off £20 at time of order and rest today - a week before statement due (should be £0 balance). Is it too soon to get Credit Increase or is there no pattern, like every 6mth?

cheers mate :T

• kaylzybuggs
    Options
    I got called on my mobile, only have a landline for internet no phone plugged into it and there was no problem with it
  • WEEGIE
    WEEGIE Posts: 11,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was accepted when I applied on-line, heard nothing for three weeks so I contacted them and was told by letter six weeks later no go. I still get e-mails from them every 3/4 weeks trying to tempt me to apply for a CC.:confused:
    Like good food and drink?
    Try Hotel Chocolat and Baileys.
    :drool: :drool: :smiley:
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    I got called on my mobile, only have a landline for internet no phone plugged into it and there was no problem with it

Of course you did - ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills