We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Ryanair - Comments & Feedback Thread

13567…79

Comments

  • sturll
    sturll Posts: 2,582 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    markymoo wrote: »
    i nearly got ripped off once, a flight for 1p, but then i read they charge £8 to use my debit card, so i spent £100 more on a flight with BA without any card charges!

    ;)

    thanks Crabman

    Thats nothing, i once paid 1p for a flight and they had the cheek to attempt to charge me a further £10 to take a bag with me!

    Talk about pushing it.

    I mean as if - £10.01 with Ryanair or £150 with BA (where at least you get breakfast)

    :D
  • delwynshd
    delwynshd Posts: 2,907 Forumite
    I would of just booked the cheapest
    markymoo wrote: »
    i nearly got ripped off once, a flight for 1p, but then i read they charge £8 to use my debit card, so i spent £100 more on a flight with BA without any card charges!

    ;)

    thanks Crabman
    I am a Travel Agent

    My company’s ABTA numbers are P6046. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I would of just booked the cheapest
    Woooooooooooosh!

    (what was that?)

    :p
  • delwynshd
    delwynshd Posts: 2,907 Forumite
    just would book the cheapest myself i wouldnt pay lots more for nothing, BA better airline but I would sooner save alot of money and fly with ryanair
    I am a Travel Agent

    My company’s ABTA numbers are P6046. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.
  • Incapuppy
    Incapuppy Posts: 5,713 Forumite
    Crabman wrote: »
    Woooooooooooosh!

    (what was that?)

    :p

    I'm not sure but I think I just heard it again :p
  • delwynshd
    delwynshd Posts: 2,907 Forumite
    how childish
    I am a Travel Agent

    My company’s ABTA numbers are P6046. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,920 Forumite
    10,000 Posts
    MTPOCKET wrote: »
    :mad: Where do you want me to start !! Yes cheap flights but.....
    in flight staff - rude, ignored customers/passengers
    unless you book seats its a first come come serve, so if there are a group of you or a family you may not be able to sit together !
    cramped seats, additional costs baggage, dirty planes etc
    never again :mad:

    Think we've had our first pointless (and inaccurate) rant.

    At least he didn't say it was a rip off. :p
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Cheap cheap cheap, who cares about the service on a 2 hour flight its less than a bus fare.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 16,349 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Total rip-off!

    I paid a whole five pounds to travel with them, and explained that I wanted the miles credited to my BA Executive Club account. For some reason the clerk started laughing: cheeky so and so! And I have just checked my BA account and the miles have not yet been added.

    I mean, any decent airline gives you miles for BA, doesn't it?
  • Quietmanc
    Quietmanc Posts: 313 Forumite
    First time traveller with Ryanair 2 wks ago,M/cr to Bremen.Spot on time,plane was clean,staff were pleasant.Legroom OK.Luggage was off almost as soon as we were.Lucky,maybe,but for now,wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.