PPI Reclaiming Discussion part 4

edited 10 June 2010 at 3:07PM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
27K replies 2.2M views

Replies

• I was sold PPI through a garage when I bought my car. Do I claim against the garage or the insurance company for mis-selling?

you would need to put your complaint into the garage as they sold you the policy
    I'm proud to say that the banks no longer take money from me after becoming debt free
  • tiggraetiggrae Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    For anyone who's interested in the Judicial Review - saw the following on another web site

The outcome of the Judicial Review into PPI Redress is expected shortly. Whilst a decision has been reached, it will not be made known until officially handed down by the Judge. This is expected as soon as the legal teams of the various parties can fix an avaialble date in the Judge’s calendar.
    The Judicial Review (JR), which commenced at the end of January, was instigated by the British Bankers Association (BBA) against the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), challenging the ability of the FSA to impose fines for breaches by lenders of certain rules and regulations rules as well as challenging the calculation methodoly for determing consumer redress. The legal challenge is expected to run on, even after the Judge has delivered his decision, as it is likely to be challenged by the losing party.
  • Please can you help - are the following policies considered PPI ? I was sold them when getting a loan/ mortgage extension and it was implied that I had to have them.... although I never really understood why. The loans/mortgage were through Lloyds TSB and the policies are from Scottish Widows.

Mortgage protection assurance - pays out a tax free lump sum on the death of the life assured or on diagnosis of a terminal illness or critical illness
    Homecover - policy providing decreasing life assurance cover during the term
    income protection plan - if off work sick for 12 months

My first post and very much looking forward to a response
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    AngelaL wrote: »
    Please can you help - are the following policies considered PPI ? I was sold them when getting a loan/ mortgage extension and it was implied that I had to have them.... although I never really understood why. The loans/mortgage were through Lloyds TSB and the policies are from Scottish Widows.

Mortgage protection assurance - pays out a tax free lump sum on the death of the life assured or on diagnosis of a terminal illness or critical illness
    Homecover - policy providing decreasing life assurance cover during the term
    income protection plan - if off work sick for 12 months

My first post and very much looking forward to a response

Hiya and welcome,

I am not sure if this is the same as loan ppi, but if pressurised taking into any product you did not require etc, then maybe you have a case.
    I think maybe Dunstonh or MagpieCottage can help on this one, just to be sure.

I would therefore post a separate thread of your own, stay within the reclaiming threads, and subject it as Scottish Widows reclaim help, something like that if you want to.;)

Good luck on this.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Hi

I have heard that First Plus are one of the companies that have put a "hold" on people claiming back their PPI, can anyone advise if this is correct or not. Also if it has been put "on hold" how much longer are these companies likely to keep PPI policies on hold?

Does anyone know which companies are "on hold" and is it still worth pursuing these companies for the reclaiming back of PPIs?
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    Hi

I have heard that First Plus are one of the companies that have put a "hold" on people claiming back their PPI, can anyone advise if this is correct or not. Also if it has been put "on hold" how much longer are these companies likely to keep PPI policies on hold?

Does anyone know which companies are "on hold" and is it still worth pursuing these companies for the reclaiming back of PPIs?

Hiya

I cannot remember if FP are involved or not, but I would still continue to make a reclaim if you have been mis sold the PPI.

There is a list somewhere of whose involved which is mostly high street banks.
    I also came across this link below too.
    http://www.firstpluscomplaints.co.uk/the-news.html

For more on reclaiming follow the link below to the reclaiming questionnaire that replaced the template letter on this site.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#reclaim

I am aware a decision have been made but we yet have to wait to hear when the judge decides to get down to giving this out, so its a matter of a waiting game now.

Good luck and ask for further help if required.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
    1.8K Posts
    Hi

yes, first plus are a part of barclays and are placing claims on hold. The judicial review (their excuse for putting claims on hold) finished at the end of january but the judge has still to hand down his decision, but who ever wins the other side is likely to appeal so it will go on for many months yet
  • traz39traz39 Forumite
    146 Posts
    anyone had any dealings with central trust/capital just rang them to complain about ppi misselling lady took some details said she would get back to me within 8 weeks .
  • traz39 wrote: »
    anyone had any dealings with central trust/capital just rang them to complain about ppi misselling lady took some details said she would get back to me within 8 weeks .
    Word on the street is you will probably have to take them to the FOS, as they don't like to hold their hands up and admit their transgression. Start a new thread if you want more info from the fine folk on here.

Good luck my friend! :D
    I drum and knit to help Independent Drummers and Knitters to comply with their rhythms and knitting patterns. Although I am qualified to, I don't advise drummers or knitters for reward.
    1.8K Posts
    traz39 wrote: »
    you would be better writing in and complaining and keeping a copy of the letter - Central are allowed 8 weeks in which to respond
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals