Ideal Isar Boiler 2 years old and kaput!!!

Options
12346»

Comments

• Geoff123
    Geoff123 Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 23 November 2016 at 10:22PM
    Options
    It is only on the logic + (plus) boilers, that you can get 7 years, and if you buy one of them then you pay a premium, compared to the logic combi.
    I am told the logic combi plus and the logic combi are the same except in name. So you pay either way...if they breakdown... or you pay up front.
  • southcoastrgi
    Options
    The heat hex around your age were made in China & they were very very poor quality, Ideal are well aware of the issues & if you push them hard enough they may well replace it foc
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • Geoff123
    Options
    Thank you south coast. I`m learning more and more.
  • Geoff123
    Options
    Time between original diagnosis of HEX leaking, to the repair job, (all going well) will be 7 days. I have just been notified that the repair will be next Wednesday.
    I will be half content if this repair job actually fixes the leaking problem, and then pressure remains fairly constant. I wait with bated breath
  • Geoff123
    Options
    The IDEAL engineer came yesterday, on time and replaced the main heat exchanger. Very professional, very polite and in a well kitted out IDEAL van. I have to say I cannot really fault their after sales service.
    I`m really in two minds as to whether I would recommend IDEAL combis to anyone. They are cheaper than many and it is a pity the heat exchanger has let the side down, this time. If it wasn`t for the fixed price repair scheme from IDEAL I think the repair may have cost me twice the £275, I paid them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure