The Mascara problem

Options

Comments

• joyfull
    joyfull Posts: 861 Forumite
    Options
    Mine last forever, because I just dip the clagged-up brush in cold water, shake off the excess, insert in in the tube, pump up & down & hey presto! it's de-clumped. (I use Avon mascaras as I'm an Avon lady)
    "Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on.”
  • hot.chick
    hot.chick Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    Options
    coult it be that the bit at the top of the bottle has come off? The bit that normally scrapes the excess off the wand???
  • sarah.roberts85
    Options
    It could be a few things ...
    have you been buying waterproof mascaras? Cos they have a smaller water content and therefore dry up/go lumpy quicker, especially in a cold room. They also arent very good for your eyelashes.
    I have tried the Urban Decay mascara and mine went lumpy after a few days too, as did my Estee Lauder.
    I LOVE avon mascaras and Maybelline mascaras. They are cheaper, make my eyelashes look longer and thicker than more expensive ones and have never gone clumpy on me.
    Save £4000 for tuition fees by Sept '09:rolleyes:Lose 2 stones by May:eek: -21lbs Get married for less than £5000 in May:smileyhea
    :A

• MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hot.chick wrote: »
    coult it be that the bit at the top of the bottle has come off? The bit that normally scrapes the excess off the wand???

I had that happen once, what a mess:eek:
  • Krasnoludek
    Options
    I bought an Estee Lauder Sumptuous Mascara just before Christmas for £18, its dried up (was closed properly) I happened to be in Debenahsm buying some Estee Lauder foundation and told the lady who said it was known for doing that and she didnt use it.

I bought the mascara from Boots so I posted it back to them recorded delivery saying I was disgusted and what were they going to do about it.
    I didnt have the receipt but I added the points onto OHs Advantage card so they will be able to trace the transaction.

Not heard back yet but they better sort it out !

K x
  • wishiwasarichgirl
    Options
    I have always found the "expensive" mascaras to be the worst - I found rubie & mille and Benefit "bad gal" lash (or something like that) are awful for clumps. I only use Boots No7 waterproof now, it's the only one that seems to last for months and doesn't have that annoying gloopy phase when it is brand new.
    Wiggly:heartpulsFB

• Sensemaya
    Sensemaya Posts: 1,739 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't think I will ever get over the demise of Lancome's Keracils mascara. Just had to thrown mine out after 5 years plus as it had dried up! Only used it for special occasions and, having tried cheap and expensive alternatives over the years, I have never found a suitable replacement.

I've found YSL to dry up very quickly and won't be purchasing that again.

Krasnoludek - Is that the new EL with the blue striped casing?

Anyway, just thought people would like to know I purchased Asda's Smartprice mascara yesterday for a whopping £1!!!!!!. My thoughts being if it is c*rap I will take it back and get a refund next time I go to Asda.

But it is brilliant.

I would advise people to give it a go. The mascara went on very easy. The brush is small and easy to use and, considering what I've spent in pursuit of a replacement over the years for my beloved Keracils, Asda's smartprice beats the expensive ones hands down.

It's not waterproof though. But for the money it's worth every penny.
  • JenC
    JenC Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've got exactly the same problem with my Clinique High Definition which I've used for years. I normally buy from House of Fraser, but my bought this for me from another shop, so maybe it was older stock, or maybe its the coooooooooold weather?! I'll keep checking back to see if anyone has the solution to this!
  • Krasnoludek
    Options
    Hi Sensemaya

Yes its the one with the blue stripe. I phoned Boots yesterday and they apologised and credited the Advantage card with 2000 points (20 quid).
    They said the line had been discontinued (must be cr*p as it was only launched just before Christmas)

My friend recommended YSL but I am reluctant now after hearing about it drying up. Judging buy what everyone else has said on this thread I might go for No 7 now

K x
  • Sensemaya
    Sensemaya Posts: 1,739 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Sensemaya

Yes its the one with the blue stripe. I phoned Boots yesterday and they apologised and credited the Advantage card with 2000 points (20 quid).
    They said the line had been discontinued (must be cr*p as it was only launched just before Christmas) I saw this recently and was thinking of purchasing it. I won't now.

My friend recommended YSL but I am reluctant now after hearing about it drying up. Judging buy what everyone else has said on this thread I might go for No 7 now

K x

Do try the Asda one.

Thanks for the info.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills