Sub Prime Credit Thread Part II

Options

Comments

• louiser123
    louiser123 Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    Options
    dane-katie wrote: »
    Hi, i have applied for a Capital One card, which i was declined for which i expected, i have just started on working on my credit file (still says im bankrupt which im not) i was thinking of appealing and wondering what do i say and send?

Discharge notice, copy of wage slips, perhaps proof of address??

Any ideas?

I only want £100 limit or even less just to use and pay off each month.

Thanks

hi danekatie,

you need to send a copy of your discharge certificate to the credit ref agencys and they will update your files to read discharged.

when does your bankruptcy drop off your file??

you probably wont get any joy from any of the sub prime cards while it still reads bankrupt, chances may be higher if you get it marked as discharged but even then it you may not have much luck, once our bankruptcy dropped our files we started having more luck but it took time.
    good luck x
    self confessed 80's throwback:D
    sealed pot challenge 2009 #488 (couldnt tell you how much so far as i cant open it to count it!!:mad: )
  • kiora
    kiora Posts: 600 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Sutton, doing ok gutted about Flybe knockback but no more applications until september then hopefully get my shiny new car.
    "In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance.
  • louiser123
    Options
    K
    what car are you going to get??
    sealed pot challenge 2009 #488 (couldnt tell you how much so far as i cant open it to count it!!:mad: )
  • kiora
    Options
    Hoping to get an Alfa Romeo MiTo, their new super mini
    "In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance.
  • dane-katie
    Options
    louiser123 wrote: »
    hi danekatie,

you need to send a copy of your discharge certificate to the credit ref agencys and they will update your files to read discharged.

when does your bankruptcy drop off your file??

you probably wont get any joy from any of the sub prime cards while it still reads bankrupt, chances may be higher if you get it marked as discharged but even then it you may not have much luck, once our bankruptcy dropped our files we started having more luck but it took time.
    good luck x

Another 4 and half years before it drops off lol, i just wanted to start making it half decent, not really wanting credit but wanting to be able to get a decent bank account again lol

Will write to them, gonna speak to all credit ref agencies and get it all corrected over next few months, just thought i could appeal it and even offer a deposit? no harm in trying will give it a go tomorrow.

thanks
    Is a Bipolar bear :p
  • kiora
    Options
    alfa-romeo-mi_to-02-Resimleri.jpg
  • louiser123
    Options
    oooh thats a nice car!!! shiny and sophisticated!! x love it
  • kiora
    Options
    Yeah love the look of it but going to get it in black
  • louiser123
    Options
    dane-katie wrote: »
    Another 4 and half years before it drops off lol, i just wanted to start making it half decent, not really wanting credit but wanting to be able to get a decent bank account again lol

Will write to them, gonna speak to all credit ref agencies and get it all corrected over next few months, just thought i could appeal it and even offer a deposit? no harm in trying will give it a go tomorrow.

thanks

until the bankruptcy came off our files we honestly couldnt get anything, its taken 3 long years to get a decent current account and credit card. the searches dont do you any favours if you apply alot either, i would sort out as much as you can on your file to clean it up and once the BR is showing discharged for a yr or so you may be able to get a card, its so much harder at the moment anyway as things are to obtain credit.
    its now 8 yrs since we had to declare BR, and it just started to get better a yr or so ago.

best of luck x
  • louiser123
    Options
    i like black thats what colour i went for it just seems so stylish in black, although black shows the dirt more but who cares x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure