robert peston-imisim

Options
all i can say is...

...that guy is an !!!!. cant wait for his (and nick robinson's) face to be removed on bbc news website frontpage.

[end of rant]
Mr & Mrs Doomcow Wedding Fund: £10200/£18000 (by 04/2012) (spent £2000)
meiow meiow purr meep merp purr urble purrup :)

requires further financing

Comments

• Degenerate
    Degenerate Posts: 2,166 Forumite
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks he's a complete !!!!.

He's managed to big up his career off the back of leakers in Whitehall feeding him information before anyone else, but when it comes to any serious analysis he's at the level of a Daily Sport "journalist".
  • Belnahua
    Belnahua Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Me too! I can't stand the pompus @rse. Bring back Declan Curry!

Did you watch Hustle the other night - Peston reminds me of those city guys, treats everyone with contempt, acts like a pig and is rude to everyone he feels is his lesser (i.e. everyone!)
    A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.
  • oxenryd
    oxenryd Posts: 478 Forumite
    Options
    I also think that when he "tells" us what's going on, he talks as if it he actually lives in another country/other planet to us.

Ie: He comes on to say all is doom and gloom and that we're all going to die cause of what's going on, he tries to worry people, but gives me the impression that in his mind he's thinking "I'm completely unaffected, none of this applies to me, only you viewers will suffer"

Maybe after his day at the Daily Sport (love that Degenerate) erm I mean BBC sorry, he catches a plane/spaceship.
    Originally Posted by Dr Cuckoo3
    Your bank and bank card does say something about the kind of person you are: Big 4 banks=sheep;),Santander=someone who doesnt mind incompetence:p,COOP=Ethical views,a campaigner:cool:,First Direct/Coventry=someone who thinks they are better than others:o,NI Bank card when living on the mainland=Aspergers :D
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It's amazing how he gets to spout on The Today programe w/o actually saying anything concrete :rolleyes:
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is he still being investigated by the SFO with regards to how he was able to get information and announce it before official channels?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • maypole
    maypole Posts: 1,816 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I say bring back Evan Davies.

I find the BBC appear to be reporting anticipated news, rather than as it happens.

I prefer Channel 4 news now.
  • amistupid
    amistupid Posts: 55,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    He's lovely.

( mum xxxxxx)
    In memory of Chris Hyde #867
  • Blah99
    Blah99 Posts: 486 Forumite
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Is he still being investigated by the SFO with regards to how he was able to get information and announce it before official channels?

That will go nowhere. He'll claim journalistic privilege, won't tell them a thing, and as long as he didn't directly trade the markets at the time and could fall under insider trading, nothing will happen to him.
    Mmmm, credit crunch. Tasty.
  • Doomcow
    Doomcow Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Options
    what worries me is that the BBC are still letting him spout all this negativity, specifically in a time when positivity is needed (as mentioned in another bbc article today that i cant find). not only that, the way he writes implies a sort of dramatism "i know best and everyone else is screwed" attitude.

certainly appears that he isnt providing an unbiased view, which journalists im sure should strive to do.

sooner he is off the bbc the better!
    Mr & Mrs Doomcow Wedding Fund: £10200/£18000 (by 04/2012) (spent £2000)
    meiow meiow purr meep merp purr urble purrup :)

requires further financing
  • Myrmidon_J
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »

I should bloody hope so!

It is an absolute disgrace that Peston not only appears to have "gotten away with it" (especially with regard to HBOS, earlier in the year), but is still poluting our minds with his peculiarly inept brand of pop-economics.

I favour a new reality show in which Peston's limbs are fed one by one to television's most dangerous creatures (i.e. not Andrew Marr) for the entertainment of the masses. :)
    For the avoidance of doubt: I work for an IFA.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure