Why do you get your hair cut here? You're on the telly Blog Discussion

This is a Chat Forum discussion on Martin's 'Why do you get your hair cut here? You're on the telly' blog that you can read here
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• Karnam
    Karnam Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    Mr Toppers is a cool barbars though! i'd love to go there if i was male....

i get mine cut every 2 or 3 months at the toni and guy hair academy in london. its only £5 (t&g is normally £40 for a dry cut) and if they think it'll suit the cut, they throw in some colour as well. i know it takes 3hrs, but i dont work so it doesnt matter and as a girl, its nice to wait 2 or 3 months and get a totally new look once the old one has properly grown out
    :A Boots Tart :A
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,138 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Mine- best money saving there is. Mums a hairdresser so does it for free:D :money:
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I get myself and the kids done for around £15 every 8 weeks or so. Guy comes round the house to do it, saves traipsing up town in all weathers.

Wonder where Alvin Hall goes to get his hair cut? Someone gave him a hard time when they saw him in economy class one time flying someplace. Nothing wrong in saving money, no matter who you are.

What about Donald Trump, wonder where he gets his hair coiffeured? His wedding anniversary today too. Even though he's got billions he's still canny with his cash. Look where the wedding reception was held when he married Melania.

BTW... not only on the telly, but The Tube too, the radio and in print. What next.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • I bought some clipers about 15 years ago. It's saved a fortune over the years
    Love living in a village in the country side
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I must be doing something wrong as DH looks bald and a bit simple!
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • xueta
    xueta Posts: 480 Forumite
    I'd worry when the barber charges £1 for a haircut and £5 for the search fee! :rolleyes:
  • davidlizard
    davidlizard Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    As all I ever have is a short #1 all over, bought a set of clippers in 1991 for £15, and my wife cuts my hair for me. Assuming a haircut every 6 weeks and special occasions means 10 haircuts per year, 15 years at £6 per haircut works out the best part of £1000 saved ! Not to mention money saved on car parking and so on.

My cousin cuts her two boys hair, and trims the dog with the same clippers she uses for the horses. I don't think I'll go to that extreme.
  • Martin says "For me as I have my hair cut roughly every two weeks (the roughly applies to how often, not to my hair cuts!), ..."

Debatable? :confused:;)

Lotta
    "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child."
  • robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i only ever had my hair cut once...... when i was 15/16, my mum has always done it for me...... as i have very little hair now....... i have saved a fortune...... :D
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Lotta be warned.... i have the power to ban people you know ;)
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport