🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Mortgage Free in Three - Take 2 challenge (MFiT-T2)

Options

Comments

• foxblade
    foxblade Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, Any "free" slots left? Just read though the entire thread and I think there is one more? If so I would love to have it :) I'm on £66,000 and my aim is to get to £20,000 by 12/12/12 - I paid off £1000 on July 26th 2010
  • financialbliss
    Options
    foxblade wrote: »
    Hi, Any "free" slots left?

Unfortunately not :o

Just had some figures from Joney Bonsey frm the original MFiT challenge who's now re-mortgaged and wanting to clear his mortgage again. I'll get him added into the charts / post #1 this evening.

FB.
    Mortgage and debt free. Building up savings...
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    Another £1705 in savings today towards mortgage..so now in the £25ks...
  • shaz_mum_of__2
    Options
    I have been awol but still op'ing when is the next update due ?

TIA
    Shaz
    Shaz
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Unfortunately not :o

Just had some figures from Joney Bonsey frm the original MFiT challenge who's now re-mortgaged and wanting to clear his mortgage again. I'll get him added into the charts / post #1 this evening.

FB.
    foxblade wrote: »
    Hi, Any "free" slots left? Just read though the entire thread and I think there is one more? If so I would love to have it :) I'm on £66,000 and my aim is to get to £20,000 by 12/12/12 - I paid off £1000 on July 26th 2010

Come and join this MFW challenge instead? : http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2062237
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • wynnvegas
    wynnvegas Posts: 1,377 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Stupid OCD! Tried to put my massively impressive 2p interest gained from the savings account (now emptied so any interest should be a wee bonus!) into the current account but instead put it toward the mortgage. Now, £8,999.98 doesn't fit into my round number strategy so I've lopped another £999.98 off to take a grand total of £1,000 off today. That's today's example of less than successful male multi-tasking!

Thanks RosieTiger. I think understanding the true value of money from a very young age (aka not having any) has helped us focus on an end goal well before we left uni and bought a house - it's unfortunately turned me into a debt-phobic idiot at times!

Cheers,

Billy
    Mortgage Free: 28/10/2010
    Time / Interest Saved: 18.5 years / £61,866.50
  • warrior_princess
    Options
    hi all
    i apologise for the not being in touch. Personal issues had taken priority.
    We managed to save a lil bit despite all things considered. Since the onset of the challenge this is our current situation.

Dec 09 - 145k
    Aug 10 - 133k
    Offset - 26k (Was £36k but spent £10k on a new car this year)
    ISA 1 - £5100
    ISA 2 - £5100
    ISA 3 - £8000

so we are on the way to be mortgage free . Fingers crossed we'll e able to manage to clear the balance in the time span :D
    MFiT-T2 05 Mortgage (Jun 08) : £158K
    savings : s&s isa £8000 : isa1 £10400 : isa2 £10400
    Status: Aug 08 - £158k : £22k / Dec 08 - £154k : £35k / Dec 09 - £145k : £35k/ Aug 10 - £133k : £26k / Dec 10 - £127k: £33k/ Mar11 - £124k :£18k
    http://www.bullionvault.com/#WARPRINCESS
  • curlygirl1971
    curlygirl1971 Posts: 1,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been awol but still op'ing when is the next update due ?

TIA
    Shaz

Pretty sure it's before 12/09 but check first post to make sure
  • curlygirl1971
    curlygirl1971 Posts: 1,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    On Saturday I went into my bank with £45 birthday money in my hand with the cool calm thought-out intention of paying it into my Current Account ready for my CC Payment. I have recently treated myself to a Humax Box (Financed in part by Clubcard points vouchers used, Clubcard points earned, Bonus Clubcard points earned, Cashback earned, £10 part refund for late delivery and crappy customer service ;)). This, amazingly, means that I have a piece of technology from the current millenium in my house. Wow. Anyway as I was directed to 'Cashier number 3 please', like a Wild West Gunslinger with Quick draw skills I plunged my debit card into my bag and drew out the mortgage statement that had arrived that morning and asked that the £45 be put on that roll number instead :D.

Still need to find £45 though. Hhhm...more of a nervous tic than a carefully thought out financial transaction. Now I don't want anyone worrying thinking I've put something on a CC and don't have the means to pay it off in full. It was put on CC as it's the new Halifax Clarity Card and as a current account customer, if I spend £300 a month I get £5 reward on the Credit Card (And by the magic of spreadsheet accounting such £5's will of course become mortgage OP's). I have savings but I'm not allowed to fund the Humax box from these - it has to come from my spending account. Am going to have to tell the BF that we can't go out this weekend, and the next.....we'll have to watch one of the many wonderful [STRIKE]documentaries,[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]period dramas[/STRIKE], things I've recorded on my lovely Humax box instead :rotfl:.
    wynnvegas wrote: »
    Stupid OCD! Tried to put my massively impressive 2p interest gained from the savings account (now emptied so any interest should be a wee bonus!) into the current account but instead put it toward the mortgage. Now, £8,999.98 doesn't fit into my round number strategy so I've lopped another £999.98 off to take a grand total of £1,000 off today. That's today's example of less than successful male multi-tasking!

Doesn't sound un-successful to me! My idea of rounding is to the nearest £1. Gosh £10 if I'm feeling flush. Well done. And well done Taxi73 too!
  • financialbliss
    financialbliss Posts: 1,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 August 2010 at 10:44PM
    Options
    Pretty sure it's before 12/09 but check first post to make sure

Spot on curlygirl. FYI see post #4 at the start of this thread.

Any time before 12th September would be ideal, but as per usual, chart will probably be left open until the end of the month before it becomes locked.

While on the subject of charts, I've realised that there's no "analysis" been done for chart 01 or chart 02.

I'll try and get that done this week - an ideal would be to create an analysis chart where you feed in a chart number and it does the number crunching automatically.

Failing that, I'll just publish some numbers in the interim...

FB.
    Mortgage and debt free. Building up savings...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport