• CIMA_LOVER
    Options
    ukbill69 wrote:
    my plat card is 6.7% APR and 6.7% bal

Thats the simplicity card
  • Fahim_2
    Fahim_2 Posts: 202 Forumite
    Options
    I am just waiting for HSBC to provide information to Experian. They are sending information to Experian using overseas address for all this year, as soon i have my HSBC repayment history on my credit file, I'm going to close barclaycard account...
    01. Marriott Rewards VISA (£2700 @ 17.9%)
    02. HSBC MasterCard (£2250 @ 14.9%)
    03. HALIFAX One MasterCard (£2200 @ 12.9%)
    04. Monument VISA (£1000 @ 19.9%)
    05. Aqua MasterCard (£500 @ 29.9%)
  • Posh
    Posh Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    nickmack wrote: »
    Now the fact is that virtually anyone with a half decent credit history can get a Gold/Platinum card and the benefits are vastly inferior. Even the normal APR on these 'prestigious' cards isn't very attractive unless you get a low or no APR BT offer.

My Barclaycard classic expired at the beginning of the year, although as I don't use it I didn't realise until a letter came through the post with a new card in. I was surprised to see that I had been sent a Barclaycard Gold, with an increased credit limit and increased APR (not got them to hand).

I contacted them to check if I should have received this card as I hadn't asked for an upgrade and they said yes! I emailed to ask them to reduce the APR to at least match what I was on before but they said they weren't able to at that time and to contact them back again in 3 months. As I don't use the card I haven't bothered, has anyone else had this?

Reading nickmack's comment would they have run a credit check on me as an existing customer before they issued me with the new card?:confused:
    I've been a player in the crowd scene, a flicker on the big screen; All this time I've tried, to walk with dignity and pride. ;)(C.Hawkes 1991 :D)
  • inept
    inept Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    My Platinum card is 6.7% as long as I spend over £100/month on it I think.

R
  • LeighAnnRoss
    Options
    Hi there, there is no specific credit limit. My first card was a Barclaycard Platinum and my credit limit started at £250 and it just got put up to £500 last month. It may go on how often you have made late payments or not paid the balance off in full.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure