Blair, Oliver and Scott

Options

Comments

• Sol00
    Sol00 Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've also recently had my BOS credit card debt of over £3,300 transferred to B.O.S.

I was going to ring them next month and make an arrangement to pay from May, but I'm a bit worried about them having access to my bank account. My bank account is with RBS, can they do this?

Thanks
  • sweetangel63
    Options
    this is scary. i have opened a new account and all my money is going in there as i do not want them to take money out of my account. im sure the debt people be on my back sooner than later but hope they be ok with token payments....

angela x
    next £500
    loan £1800
    marks more card £850
    barclaycard £850
    [STRIKE]gratten £102[/STRIKE]
    littlewoods £127
    virgin £2000
    nationwide £350 overdraft
    lloyds £750 overdraft

all interest frozen for next 6months

paid to date in 2007

[strike]nationwide credit card £600[/strike]
    [strike]lloyds credit card £480[/strike]
    [strike]
    adams store card £856
    [/strike]
  • getting_there...
    Options
    I've just been researching these guys, as I've just had a text message from them asking me to call them quoting a ref. No explanation of what they do etc, and I've never had a letter or telephone call from them! I've well stuck into my DMP with the CCCS, and have been making the payments on time since I started on it over a year and a half ago..... I don't want to call them, especially as I've never dealt with them before!!!! Should they have written to me or called me direct? (I also don't want to get myself into trouble by ignoring them but I just don't know who they are and have only read very bad things about them!!!)

Please help!
    Debts paid off!

I got there.............!:T
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Harassed wrote: »
    Firstly, Blair Oliver & Scott are part of the Bank of Scotland / Halifax group; their in-house debt collection branch. So they are TELLING LIES.

If you speak to them again, make it quite clear that you know this. State also any further harassment from them and you'll be taking it up with the Banking Ombudsman.

Quite right Harrassed - if you search for them on Companie's House, they are listed as dormant, therefore not submitting accounts. If, as suggested by another poster, they, whilst being owned by Bank of Scotland, are a Company in their own right, then are they, by trading without submitting accounts, not operating illegally?
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • getting_there...
    Options
    Sol00 wrote: »
    I've also recently had my BOS credit card debt of over £3,300 transferred to B.O.S.

I was going to ring them next month and make an arrangement to pay from May, but I'm a bit worried about them having access to my bank account. My bank account is with RBS, can they do this?

Thanks

don't worry!

BOS (or HBOS) are Halifax Bank Of Scotland, whereas RBS are The Royal Bank Of Scotland - two totally different banking groups. If you had a current bank account with Halifax, Bank of Scotland or Intelligent Finance then they COULD try to take the money for the Bank of Scotland Credit Card from one of these accounts, as they are all arms of the HBOS banking group. However, as RBS are totally separate, don't worry!!!!!

When I started my DMP, I had to change bank accounts as I was with Barclays, and not only had an overdraft with them, but also a Barclaycard, and had I stayed with Barclays, they could have taken all my money out of my account to go towards these debts :-(

Keep up the good work!
    Debts paid off!

I got there.............!:T
  • JGWT8M
    JGWT8M Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    with regard to blair oliver and scott, i wrote to them and told them Bank of Scotland had been accepting reduced payments for the last 6 months (note I said accepting reduced payments, not that they had agreed to them), enclosed a copy of the I/O form and a cheque. After a few "we'll send the bailiff" letters (which I replied to refering to my original letter) I got an acknowledgement back accepting my "reduced payment plan", from ironically, a woman sharing my surname!

Strangly, although they have my phone number, they've never called.
    BSC Member 44 - not bankrupt yet, but getting there...
  • dano987
    Options
    I have had no end of problems with this 'firm' At present my case is with the Financial Ombudsman, The Office of Fair Trading, Redcar and Cleveland Trading Standards and Fife Trading Standards. The course of events is this:- I unfortunately had to enter an IVA in February 2007, the terms of this were agreed in the courts by all creditors. In May 2007 I received my first letter from Blair, Oliver and Scott, after explaining the situation and their mistake I put them in touch with my Insolvency Practitioner who sorted out the problem (or so we thought). The next letter arrived in July 2007, again threatening me with court action or doorstep collections if I did not pay an amount already covered by the IVA. Again the information was supplied to them by my Insolvency Practitioner. I again received a letter of the same ilk in October 2007 and another at the end of October 2007. At this point I began setting the wheels in motion to do whatever possible to have this company's Consumer Credit Licence removed. Blair Oliver and Scott are now aware of this and in my last phone call to them they even tried to tell me they had never sent me any of the letters. Unfortunately for them I have copies with the written notes from my Insolvency Practitoner. What I am told by the Office of Fair Trading is that they need as many as possible complaints to revoke their Consumer Credit Licence so I would advise anyone who has had problems with these 'people' to report them to the Office of Fair Trading immediately. I have been told by Redcar and Cleveland Trading Standards that their licence will not be removed without enough complaints because they would not want to put so many people out of a job, my answer to this is that I have spoken to over twenty different people from their office and not one of them has the inteligence to find the details of my IVA oveer the internet, information that I found in less that 15 minutes. If I can find it why can't they? I f I was as inept in my job as these people I would of being shown the door long ago and rightly so. I will post again when I have more info from the Financial Ombudsman, I will also be informing other internet forums of my experiences with them and asking them to report Blair, Oliver and Scott. If enough people do so hopefully this outfit can be closed once and for all.
  • GreyFox_2
    Options
    dano987 wrote: »
    I have had no end of problems with this 'firm' At present my case is with the Financial Ombudsman, The Office of Fair Trading, Redcar and Cleveland Trading Standards and Fife Trading Standards. The course of events is this:- I unfortunately had to enter an IVA in February 2007, the terms of this were agreed in the courts by all creditors. In May 2007 I received my first letter from Blair, Oliver and Scott, after explaining the situation and their mistake I put them in touch with my Insolvency Practitioner who sorted out the problem (or so we thought). The next letter arrived in July 2007, again threatening me with court action or doorstep collections if I did not pay an amount already covered by the IVA. Again the information was supplied to them by my Insolvency Practitioner. I again received a letter of the same ilk in October 2007 and another at the end of October 2007. At this point I began setting the wheels in motion to do whatever possible to have this company's Consumer Credit Licence removed. Blair Oliver and Scott are now aware of this and in my last phone call to them they even tried to tell me they had never sent me any of the letters. Unfortunately for them I have copies with the written notes from my Insolvency Practitoner. What I am told by the Office of Fair Trading is that they need as many as possible complaints to revoke their Consumer Credit Licence so I would advise anyone who has had problems with these 'people' to report them to the Office of Fair Trading immediately. I have been told by Redcar and Cleveland Trading Standards that their licence will not be removed without enough complaints because they would not want to put so many people out of a job, my answer to this is that I have spoken to over twenty different people from their office and not one of them has the inteligence to find the details of my IVA oveer the internet, information that I found in less that 15 minutes. If I can find it why can't they? I f I was as inept in my job as these people I would of being shown the door long ago and rightly so. I will post again when I have more info from the Financial Ombudsman, I will also be informing other internet forums of my experiences with them and asking them to report Blair, Oliver and Scott. If enough people do so hopefully this outfit can be closed once and for all.

Just to let you know, as mentioned before, BOS is part of of the HBoS group and therefore is going to be really hard to defeat and get a liscence removed. I used to work for Halifax, they are one of the biggest UK employers. I suggest that your complaints will only help individual matters rather then getting any liscence revoked.
    I myself am having problems with Halifax, who have now transfered me to the BOS department, who for now are ok, but still part of Halifax. I too have reported them to the FSO.
    Lets hope that with enough complaints they will at least learn to listen. Its all company policy this and company policy that. Their policies suck and in know where refeclt anything that is fair!
    I used to work for the Loans Department aswell....slight irony that i am now in debt :rolleyes: well i got addicted to spending. No more though
    Should be debt free in another 7 years or so!
    Gone from £24,000 down to £13,000.
    My debts should be covered by NHS as they where part of an addiction, like smoking ;)

Anyway, Peace Yall!
  • paulus123
    paulus123 Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi All

I borrowed £3000 off the Halifax back in 1998, through sheer bad luck (Im sure you have heard them all by now!!) it ended up as a CCJ. I have been paying exactly £50 per month now as a direct debit for the last 10 years and never missed a payment!!
    I called the Halifax today to see what the balance was and they said 3 different screens showed 3 differing amounts. 1 being £47 outstanding with a £125 charge, then said they would get back to me. Which they did. Only to tell me it was passed to BOS sometime ago and the actual settlemount amount they would accept is £709 exactly!!

Can I ask them to freeze the interest on it? Is there anything I can do about the fact they have so far charged me £3000 in interest?
    I thought my CCJ agreement was with the Halifax and not with BOS, is that legal?
    Any help would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Paul
  • smashedbooboo
    smashedbooboo Posts: 4,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How much, Have you got your figures correct. Usually when a ccj is given the interest is frozen. If you have been paying that much for 10 yrs then this should have been paid off a long time ago. BUT, hang on a minute. What was the default figure on the CCJ. And as you say you have never missed a payment then why was it passed to BOS. Even so borrowing 3000 and paying back 6000 is still an awful lot of money. Request a Copy of your CCA from BOS. This will put the debt into dispute. I think this needs looking into further hun. xx
    Night Owl Member No 1 :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Night owl member of the threesome. Rules are for fools to follow and wise men to be guided by
    No Man is worth your tears,
    And the one who is wont make you cry !!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure