Free samples from Lush...

Options

Comments

• flumpster67
    Options
    Well done!
    It must just depend on how busy the shop is or which SA is on. On Saturday I bought a whole heap of stuff but not a sniff of any extras or a shot of the dice, yet today I got a freebie worth nearly a fiver
  • simeone
    Options
    Why not just go out on the street and beg for spare change and then go in and buy something. This is not a 'freebie' this is begging. I cringed reading every post on this. I'm away to PC world to tell them I am so poor, can I have a computer free.

NOT A FREEBIE
  • KittyPryde
    KittyPryde Posts: 2,623 Forumite
    Options
    Due to the freshly made nature of the stuff there, Lush often give out samples off things like face masks etc rather than throwing it in the bin. It's completely different to a store like PC world. Lush actually state in their mailings that you can ask their assistants for help and samples :rolleyes:
  • nicalodian
    Options
    Sorry but I have to agree to a certain extent.

If they gave out freebies and samples to every single person there'd be so many people going in for that reason alone. 99% of the time there are testers and samples out to try so if you're that desperate you can try an item in the store. If you get one to take away it's a bonus but certainly not something to feel hard done by over if not surely.
  • sharkgirl
    Options
    simeone wrote: »
    Why not just go out on the street and beg for spare change and then go in and buy something. This is not a 'freebie' this is begging. I cringed reading every post on this. I'm away to PC world to tell them I am so poor, can I have a computer free.

NOT A FREEBIE
    Well said :T Lush are a wonderful shop, I love their products and buy them regularly, the small sample of toner I was given, without asking, after I had made a purchase was gratefully received and I may or may not buy some in the future. Why would anybody take advantage of that and make a point of going into a shop solely to get something free, you wouldn't go into a restaurant and ask for a free sample would you? :confused:
  • buzby_boy
    Options
    simeone wrote: »

NOT A FREEBIE

Its not really the same now is it. I only asked becasue i was buying something, i wouldnt just pop in and ask for free things without buying something. The conditioner sample i got is wonderful and i can honestly say i will be going back to buy more of it and at the end of the day this is what samples are meant for.
    :smileyhea Getting married on, 05/06/10 :smileyhea
  • flumpster67
    Options
    For the record - I have NEVER asked Lush for any samples, if they feel like giving them out I would be silly not to take them. I dont go in a plead poverty for them to take pity on me. I am a genuinely interested repeat customer, I love the products, the shop, the sales assistants enthusiasm, the whole experience, therefore if they want to give me a little something extra, all well and good, but I would still shop there regardless
    Obviously the company prides itself on great customer service as well as quality products and perhaps understands that maybe some people wont be willing to pay £3 or £4 for a bit of soap without trying it out first.
  • vegandiva
    Options
    When I bought my grab bags in Wimbledon there was a container of American Cream samples on the counter, you could help yourself. In Kingston my mom was hemming and hawing about which shampoo or conditioner to buy and the SA volunteered to give her a decent sized sample of one of the shampoos. But I've never asked for samples and other than that they have never been offered.
  • kimmy393
    kimmy393 Posts: 5,472 Forumite
    Options
    tbh most of the samples are broken bits that they have and cant sell or products that are nearly out of date... so samples they are...

An SA told me that they happily give samples of face masks hair products deodorants as less people purchase them and its how they encourage sales.

I don't think there is anything wrong in asking for a small sample ... lush is not cheap; so samples are a great way of building up new product loyalty
    2015 Big wins: luxury 7 night holiday in sharm el sheikh, theatre tix, £123, IPad Air 16gb, Night in London hotel celebjuicetix :, Portable dvd playerT

Best 2014: £900 VIP cheltenham races day, £200 H&M voucher, £300 camera, 2 nights luxury apt Harrogate, 5 nights glamping cumbria
    Total:2010: £10,531, 2011:£11,075
  • SADIE
    SADIE Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    Originally posted by simeone,
    Why not just go out on the street and beg for spare change and then go in and buy something. This is not a 'freebie' this is begging. I cringed reading every post on this.I'm away to PC world to tell them I am so poor, can I have a computer free.

NOT A FREEBIE
    If PC world say yes could you let us know please.

simeone, I'm sure the companies are quite happy to offer us freebies to make us aware of their products, asking or haggling for something isn't begging.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure