We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Seed swapping groups

Options
13»

Comments

• Zazen999
    Zazen999 Posts: 6,183 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes this is good and just reminded me I have a couple of people to send some long ago promised seeds to, Zazen included, sorry guys, will do it soon.

LOL...you just reminded me as well.
  • tecc2009
    Options
    These guys have ALOT of swaps for chilli seeds:

http://petterssononline.com/seedxchange/seedxchangeopen.php

• Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not sure why the other thread was closed, nothing wrong was said on it and other people could have put more info onto it.

Anyway, maybe these two could be merged.

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/grapevine/
    There is a V good seed swap board on here and I have nothing but good words to say about it.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Not sure why the other thread was closed, nothing wrong was said on it and other people could have put more info onto it.

The thread was closed because a poster was asking for personal details to be exchanged by PM. This message was posted expaining that:

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: For legal reasons I have to discourage swapping, buying and selling on the forum (please see this rule). While it can be a very useful way of saving money it relies on a certain amount of trust between members and as such can cause problems (and has in the past). If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="%20abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

I'll add this to the existing seed swapping thread ;)

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • oliveoyl
    oliveoyl Posts: 3,376 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There are a few organised seed swapping events listed here http://www.seedysunday.org/category_id__9_path__0p2p.aspx
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The thread was closed because a poster was asking for personal details to be exchanged by PM.
    I'm not arguing with you because you have a job to do on here. We all admire the way you deal with things etc
    Enough buttering up methinks.... :rolleyes:

However the thread is still there, closing it doesn't stop people still sending pm's. A message on there regarding the forums stance and then allowing others to offer alternative options, may have been a better way of dealing with it.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    However the thread is still there, closing it doesn't stop people still sending pm's. A message on there regarding the forums stance and then allowing others to offer alternative options, may have been a better way of dealing with it.

As volunteer Board Guides, we have a way of dealing with things involving the Abuse Team (who are paid to do the job). Be assured it's in hand ;) I'll delete these off topic posts later.

Penny. x
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    However the thread is still there

No it isn't :p:p:p :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing