BP hasn't topped up my tank (lpg)

Options
2»

Comments

• elektra-2007
    Options
    This is terrible, how come you have to sign upto just one company, Im on coal my friend is on oil and you can pick and choose between suppliers, surley if you can prove their not sticking to their side of the contract they have to let you go without having to pay. Id get intouch with Anne Robinson at Watchdog.
  • Horlick
    Options
    We've had delivery problems from BP at the beginning of January 2009 and 2010. Last year, we thought there was a working radio transducer on the tank, but later found out it wasn't working. Nevertheless, there was no good reason why BP hadn't topped up the tank before Christmas 2008, other than poor management. They gave us £50 that time after we had endured 5 days without gas.

They also promised improved deliveries in 2009 and better communications. But we too returned from Christmas holiday 2009/2010 and found the tank almost empty. Why didn't they topup before the two week end of year hols? - I'm waiting to hear from them. Not unreasonably, with the snow, deliveries have since been difficult, but BP Cust service can't say anything other than the weather's bad. A week after I called BP and got put on "priority" our gas ran out. Told BP this Monday that we're completely out, but they couldnt tell us anything about the situation, just to call back each day to see if we're on the list for filling. They wouldn't say how long the backlog for delivery was.

Fortunately the temperature is now above freezing, but we want to do some cooking at the weekend, so I got fed up with BP's management and called Wincanton direct today (via number above) - Wednesday. They just asked the tanker driver to hold back a little gas from each of his deliveries and we got filled up 4 hours after asking.

The lesson for BP/Wincanton is to sort out their outsourcing contract so that customers come first. Perhaps they'll see sense when they've lost most of them? It seems a shame that BP are hell-bent on destroying what was an excellent service in our area. I feel sorry for their employees and customers who have to endure such shoddy service and promotion of friction between customer and employee.

Thanks for the advice on your website.
  • Pip2002
    Options
    Jem1 wrote: »
    Calor have already quoted me a considerably cheaper price and will fit telemetry to exsiting tanks to ensure that they will be topped up when necessary.
    BP's service to us has been appalling.

I have a Calor tank with telemetry, and we are going to run out of gas tomorrow I suspect, or the next day if we are lucky to stretch it out that long, and Calor don't care, bunch of wanglers.

I live in a fairly remote part of Carmarthenshire and the roads here haven't been passable for about 3 weeks due to the snow. Fair enough, I don't expect them to deliver through that, but they should have delivered before now. I've been ringing for the last week trying to get a delivery date fixed and yesterday finally rang a local supplier to see if they could top the tank up a bit (they said no as it's a Calor tank). Of course, Calor went nuts when I suggested this and said that they were going to sue the local supplier for breach of competition rules etc. I said, well good luck with that but all I'm concerned about is getting my tank refilled. When are you going to come and do it? They can't or won't say.

A supervisor rang me back yesterday to say he had rung the local gas company, who had confirmed they weren't delivering at the moment either. I said, good for you but all I'm concerned about is when is my tank going to be filled, now that the roads are passable please? Can't say. I suspect our request may have been put to the bottom of the pile due to my assertiveness yesterday!:rotfl:

I can't wait til my contract with Calor expires so I can shop around for another supplier (not BP it would seem) but I think I will look at a local supplier, as it seems my Calor tanker comes from 49 miles away which can't be helping my quest to get my tank refilled!

Calor - wouldn't touch 'em.
  • SD-253
    SD-253 Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    I believe this is the competition authority Internet site for changing suppliers http://www.uklpg.org/supplier-search/search.php It offered me 7 suppliers, one more than last year when I switched. I changed to Energas (definitely serves Yorkshire & Lincolnshire may serve other places) Also there was a supplier in Manchester who supplied lincolnshire (probably has a depot here) The latter gave there price on the Internet IE was not charging different people different prices. At the time I was paying 53 a litre with flogas (robbers) Energas wanted 37p. Checked a neighbours oil price it was 52p. LPG gives you 7.11 Kw per litre, Oil gives you 10.35 Kw per litre both assume 100% efficiency. So LPG has to be 30% cheaper to be equal. That also assumes Oil and gas boilers are equal as efficiencent??? Either way I was getting my gas at the same price as oil (taking into account the variation in output). An oil tank cost £700 plus fitting?? an lpg tank is nearly always £60 rental. Energas recently informed me that the 2 biggest suppliers (I assume Flogas and Calor) had recently raised there prices and they may have to IE they gave me a warning (I could therefore fill my tank before the price rise) unlike Flogas who send you a letter to inform you it had risen. No one should change to oil from LPG the cost would to be to high relative to the savings unless they either use enough to make it worth it or/and the price difference is just to ludicrous. Remember you can change suppliers every 2 years WITHOUT CHANGING YOUR TANK. THE NEW SUPPLIER BUYS IT OFF THE OLD ONE. PS Back it up with wood if you think you can get a cheap supply or as in my case free. The cost of the wood burner including all fitting costs were less than £2000 it heats my 2 bed bungalow (without radiators) and about an hour or 2 use of the LPG a day (this does heat the radiators). IE nearly paid for itself in one year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure