BP hasn't topped up my tank (lpg)

So they said 5 working days and it has been 2 weeks today. Called them yesterday and they said I would be on the priority list. I really don't care that it's the holidays, they need to have coverage because heating fuel is a necessity! Had to curtail my useage in case I run out...got less than 5% left. Good for another 3-4 days for us and if they don't deliver today I doubt they will over the next few days!

Comments

• david29dpo
    david29dpo Posts: 3,748 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Bit of a bid show! Listers, who i am with are always out within 2 days. Are there any local suppliers you could chance too?
  • We've been in the same boat, have just had a delivery after ringing them every day since Monday. The same thing happened last September, when they didn't have cold weather as an excuse.

They let slip this morning that they (BP) had outsourced gas deliveries to Wincanton, the transport firm - guess when - last summer. I rang their head office (01249 710000), complained to the most senior person I could find, and had a call from their routing manager an hour later to say we would get our gas in 3 hours - which we did. We live in Somerset and the gas comes from BP's Avonmouth depot - arrangements may be different if you live elsewhere.

We don't want to go through this again and are looking to change suppliers after 13 April, when the law changes and suppliers have to let us go, without charge, if there is no exclusivity clause in our contract (most users don't have a written contract) and if another supplier will take us on. What experiences have other members had with reliability of supply?
  • I have been waiting on BP to come and fill my Gas Tank. I phoned on December 31st and I am still waiting and have been on the phone to them all the time but just get the same answers. Any Ideas as to what I can do my Tank is almost empty.
  • david29dpo
    david29dpo Posts: 3,748 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    As a last resort you could ring you local paper. Bit of bad press works a treat.
  • Unfortunately I am also a BP customer, as far as I can gather BP outsourced their deliveries to a distribution company who have clearly been unable to cope. I nearly ran out of gas.
    IMPORTANT INFO - it would appear that the competition commission are about to force LPG suppliers to allow customers to change supplier WITHOUT forcing the consumer to change tanks.
    Yippee.
  • Whoops - didn't read Joe5741 before posting. I feel that BP have maintained artificially high prices safe in the knowledge that it has been very difficult to change tanks without considerable difficulty.
    Calor have already quoted me a considerably cheaper price and will fit telemetry to exsiting tanks to ensure that they will be topped up when necessary.
    BP's service to us has been appalling.
  • frankie
    frankie Posts: 845 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Jem1 wrote: »
    BP's service to us has been appalling.

Calor are just as appalling!! In fact the lot of them are outright robbers.

I can't figure out, with the price of crude, why we are all paying so much. They're quick enough to apply increases, not so clever with decreases!
  • Had similar experience with BP over deliveries, the guy you need to get ahold of is Ian Besford, he is the uk manager for bulk tanks, doesnt generally deal with the 'public', leaves that to his staff, maybe a few calls from us customers will do the trick to encourage them to get their act together.

Ian Besford
    National Bulk Sales Manager
    BP GAS UK

01179 887 100

• I live in Aberdeenshire with the same appalling service We noticed we were running low on the 23rd Dec, Phoned BP 5 times and e-mailed three times . I eventually e-mailed the BP press office on the 23rd January as I had run out of LPG after reading their home page which tells prospective new customers how good they are with their quick delivery service and advising them I was going to the Advertising standards agency to complain about false claims I had my gas tank filled by the end of the day :-) Roll on April.. My contract runs out with BP. in 2 weeks time and I certainly wont be re-signing
  • briz
    briz Posts: 1 Newbie
    No gas!

nice start to 2010. have a topup deal with BP. got back from holiday on the 31st Dec after being int he sun for week which was great. 2 days later realise we had run out of gas, phoned customer services and got an answer machine which is fine for a Sat around on the 2nd Jan so called emergency, they said they would put a not through for them to pick up when they got back to work. I emailed myself just to make sure. had no reply call or email on the Tuesday so decided to try again, likewise only way to get someone was thru emergency line, again was told they would pass it on. called and spoke to someone in customer services on the Wed and they said they would try and get someone to topup on the way back to the depot, I live within 5 miles of the refinery and depot where the tankers are based. again nothing happens and go through the same call on the Thursday with the same response.

here i am on Friday still with no gas now with frozen pipes and having used £75 worth of gas in a mobile heaters to try and survive. i have called and BP told me Wincanton hope to have everyone covered over the weekend.

so it looks like at least 7 days with no gas, temperature hit -14.7 deg C last night, i dont think the pipework will take much more.

any others had compensation from BP for failure to deliver and difficulties caused along with damage due to lack of supply?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure