🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

He wants an iPhone [rolls eyes]

Options

Comments

• scheming_gypsy
    Options
    tell him to buy a HTC Smartphone. If you use Outlook you can just sync your calendar to the phone just by plugging the phone in to the computer.

I've had a Smartphone since the very first SPV and not tempted by anything else.

Personally i don't rate the iPhones. My mate has one and he left it behind the goals after playing football, nobody even be bothered to nick it and just handed it in.
  • Mercenary
    Options
    Good idea, Marty J. You can apparently put a Skype app on the iPod Touch 2G which means that he would be able to contact anyone else who has Skype (which you could carefully make sure that they do ;)) over VOIP.
    Personally, I rarely phone anyone on a mobile. I text if necessary, so the idea of a contract for an iPhone would scare me silly....especially in this time of recession!
  • Marty_J
    Marty_J Posts: 6,594 Forumite
    Options
    Personally i don't rate the iPhones. My mate has one and he left it behind the goals after playing football, nobody even be bothered to nick it and just handed it in.

Of course. Nobody wants an iPhone. They're not popular in the least. :rolleyes:
  • Marty_J
    Options
    Mercenary wrote: »
    Good idea, Marty J. You can apparently put a Skype app on the iPod Touch 2G which means that he would be able to contact anyone else who has Skype (which you could carefully make sure that they do ;)) over VOIP.
    Personally, I rarely phone anyone on a mobile. I text if necessary, so the idea of a contract for an iPhone would scare me silly....especially in this time of recession!

I love my iPod Touch. It would be nice to have GPS and mobile internet, but I normally know where I am anyway, and open wifi networks are everywhere.
  • scheming_gypsy
    Options
    lol yeah get an HTC smartphone- that'll show your neigbours...that you have no sense of style

ah the irony...
    yep, that's aimed at your username!

or even the Samsung Omnia which has more features than an iPhone.
  • Marty_J
    Options
    or even the Samsung Omnia which has more features than an iPhone.

Does it have this?

Can't help but notice they've tried to make it look an awful lot like an iPhone, bless their little Korean hearts.
  • M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

maybe that is because, when you take the sim out, you have to reactivate the phone, and not just use it quickly, which isn't as desirable!

maybe...
  • gaming_guy
    gaming_guy Posts: 6,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mercenary wrote: »

Don't forget that the iPod Touch doesnt have an inbuilt mic so you would need a mic attachment (if they are even made!)
  • Marty_J
    Options
    gaming_guy wrote: »
    Don't forget that the iPod Touch doesnt have an inbuilt mic so you would need a mic attachment (if they are even made!)

Yes, Apple make earphones with a built-in mic.
  • Choccyholic
    Options
    Hi everyone, thank you very much for your responses. I'll have to get him to have a read of this thread and leave it to his own conscience!

Happy New Year to you all. :beer:
    Nuts just take up space where chocolate ought to be.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport