Options
    jessbob wrote: »
    Brilliant ! Well done you :T:T

Thank you Jess
  • yamthejam
    yamthejam Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Truegho wrote: »
    Hi. Thanks for the advice re. the O2 jobs. I just might try them, as I badly need a job and am getting more and more disheartened and dispirited every day.

I know what you mean ..... wish you all the best and keep your spirits up....
  • danyalp147
    Options
    Theres hope after all...applied for a contact centre job in Manchester in April passed all the checks and just got a call today asking if i still wanted the job and giving me a start date. Wasn't expecting that especially after reading some of the comments on here but to all you out there on the waiting list.. Keep the faith lol.
  • yamthejam
    yamthejam Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    danyalp147 wrote: »
    Theres hope after all...applied for a contact centre job in Manchester in April passed all the checks and just got a call today asking if i still wanted the job and giving me a start date. Wasn't expecting that especially after reading some of the comments on here but to all you out there on the waiting list.. Keep the faith lol.

As above I got a phone call too....but I got a perm position not started yet.
  • buftymctufty
    Options
    If only all of us were so lucky
  • tsimehC
    tsimehC Posts: 763 Forumite
    Options
    My 12-month contract's ending this month and was asked to either opt out of a selection exercise or join in and submit a competency form. Not looking good atm but I can take many positives from finishing employment with the DWP (although there are some major negatives).
  • thunderb0lt
    Options
    tsimehC wrote: »
    My 12-month contract's ending this month and was asked to either opt out of a selection exercise or join in and submit a competency form. Not looking good atm but I can take many positives from finishing employment with the DWP (although there are some major negatives).

What is the selection excercise for ?
  • tsimehC
    Options
    What is the selection excercise for ?

An extension to the fixed-term contract which I found out today has been extended. Quite surprised tbh but it pays the bills and keeps me in work I suppose. :beer:
  • Truegho
    Truegho Posts: 832 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can this be taken as a good sign?

tsimehC wrote: »
    An extension to the fixed-term contract which I found out today has been extended. Quite surprised tbh but it pays the bills and keeps me in work I suppose. :beer:
  • tsimehC
    Options
    Truegho wrote: »
    Can this be taken as a good sign?

For new applicants? Not sure tbh. We had about 20 FTAs and only 1/4 were kept on if they showed they did enough (on paper) to warrant an extension.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure