DWP employment waiting list

Options
Hi everyone,

I recently went for an Interview and Assessment exercise for an Admin Officer post with the dwp.Ive since recieved a letter to say ive been successful and ive been put on a waiting list..in the interview i was told that the posts were for last week in feb there was no mention of any waiting list?? Just wondering if anyones had any expierence of this? I contacted the dwp who informed me the waiting list is for up to 6 months and she could not give me any idea of when i would be contacted just that they take 10 people a time from the waiting list to fill posts at that time.Ive also recieved a few days after a form to fill in for them to do police checks..does this mean they are not far from offering me a job?

Cheers
NOEL GALLAGHER IS GOD

Comments

• Lord_Dante
    Options
    I was in a similar situation. I asked for my position on the list under the data protection and was told what number I was and how many there were. Maybe work a try.

As far as I know there is always a waiting list. I know some people who've been on for two weeks or over 5 months. See where you get with what I suggested.
  • Marker_2
    Marker_2 Posts: 3,260 Forumite
    Options
    I recently went for a mass intake interview with DWP, they had 2 intakes, one in Nov/Dec and the other in Feb. I also got told I would be put on the waiting list, I got offered an actual position about 3 weeks later, so they were prett quick, however I was sucessful in another job so too them up on that before DWP contacted me so I had to decline :)

Hope you hear soon.
    99.9% of my posts include sarcasm!
    Touch my bum :money:
    Tesco - £1000 , Carpet - £20, Barclaycard - £50, HSBC - £50 + Car - £1700
    SAVED =£0
    Debts - £2850
  • mvengemvenge
    Options
    Corky7 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I recently went for an Interview and Assessment exercise for an Admin Officer post with the dwp.Ive since recieved a letter to say ive been successful and ive been put on a waiting list..in the interview i was told that the posts were for last week in feb there was no mention of any waiting list?? Just wondering if anyones had any expierence of this? I contacted the dwp who informed me the waiting list is for up to 6 months and she could not give me any idea of when i would be contacted just that they take 10 people a time from the waiting list to fill posts at that time.Ive also recieved a few days after a form to fill in for them to do police checks..does this mean they are not far from offering me a job?

Cheers

I believe it's quite common. I think they quite often have people on a waiting list (even internally) while they wait for a suitable place to come up. It does sound very hopeful, though.
    Fokking Fokk!
  • ArsenalFC
    ArsenalFC Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    Options
    Firstly congratulations for getting the job.

Like others have said the waiting list is a normal procedure adopted by dwp. You have done well, I applied for the Executive Officer position in Nov and have not had a reply back apart from the automated reply email. Their wasn't many AO positions in my area when I look so, they were far away so I didn't apply for those.
  • Corky7
    Corky7 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the replys everyone
    NOEL GALLAGHER IS GOD
  • kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I went for an external post (I was already an AO) for an EO position (this was in 2000) with the Jobcentre. I got through but then was told that all postings had been stopped due to lack of money! I was at the top of the list, but there was no idea when or if there would ever be a job at the end of it! Because I was already within the DWP, my manager pulled a few strings and asked the district manager what was happening, and a couple of weeks later I was offered a post. Unfortunately (for them!) I had also been for a promotion board and had got through that, and so was on the list for a post within the CSA and that was offered to me on the same day that I was called and offered the Jobcentre post! I felt bad because my manager had put himself out, but I had really wanted the CSA job and so took that instead.

So yes, it is normal practise for the DWP to put you on a list - although it is frustrating when you think there is a job but you don't know when!!
  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,388 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Due to the economic downturn there is no shortage of vacancies in Jobcentre Plus, you don't say which part of DWP you applied to, if it was Jobcentre Plus the waiting list will continue until they can get a suitable training opportunity for you, to be honest you're not much use to them until they've got you trained up, this training can take several weeks if you were employeed to administer benefits. If you've been put forward for security checks you'll already have been accepted for a post, pending suitable results of the checks.

Sam
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • jubileee
    Options
    I think Lord_Dante's advice is spot on. Ring Newcastle (where the letter would have come from) and ask where you are on the waiting list and how many vacancies they need to fill now.

My daughter has been on a DWP waiting list on 3 or 4 occasions but hasn't yet been offered a job. A lot is dependent on others turning down the job or dropping out early on in training, etc.
  • Corky7
    Corky7 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    sammyjammy wrote: »
    Due to the economic downturn there is no shortage of vacancies in Jobcentre Plus, you don't say which part of DWP you applied to, if it was Jobcentre Plus the waiting list will continue until they can get a suitable training opportunity for you, to be honest you're not much use to them until they've got you trained up, this training can take several weeks if you were employeed to administer benefits. If you've been put forward for security checks you'll already have been accepted for a post, pending suitable results of the checks.

Sam

The dept of the DWP i applied for is the child maintenance and enforcement commission as an AO.
    I recieved a letter shortly after my interview to say i was succesfull and was on a waiting list.A few days later i recieved a form to fill in which stated 'It is the practise of The Child Maintenance and Enforcement Commission to undertake Criminal Record Bureau Checks for a percentage of new employees joining the commission.You have been randomly selected for this check'
    I'm wondering if this means they will be in touch soon with a post ready for me?
    NOEL GALLAGHER IS GOD
  • reddave000
    Options
    I have been on the waiting list since oct 08, not heard anything until a few weeks ago someone from Newcastle called me asking me to send in some wage slips etc. Again it seems to be a waiting game I am waiting for a position within JCP is there anyone out there that knows what the internal process is with the recruitment? is the employment checks the last stage? I have been with the same employer for the last 10 years.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure