Back Date Jobseekers

Options

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    vronks22 wrote: »
    Here we go again in response to your oh so negative diatribe. In black and white the letter also says and I flipping quote:

We have looked again at the facts and evidence we used to make our decision and looked at the points you have raised. You will be pleased to know that the decision has now been revised in your favour'.

I have seen plenty of JCP letters on this subject, and have never seen an appeal/ decision phrased in this way.

Unless vronks22 is special enough to get a non standard letter? :p
    Gone ... or have I?
  • healy
    healy Posts: 5,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Final note, I find it highly amusing that ESA and Healy to name but a few are taking so much exception to me winning my backdated claim. I will see if I can scan this but I will have to delete my personal information, ie NI number and my name and address.

Another point, how on earth would I find the words that I have quoted and put them on here if I hadn't got a blasted letter. I am hardly going to spend hours making them up. I am at work! And it is a darned long day, up at 5.30 - walk the dog, get ready, drive 25 miles to work there for 8.15, 15 mins for lunch, half an hr at a push. Leave 4.30/5pm, home, walk the dog, gym for an hour and a half, get to bed, sleep. Sometimes I get to do some housework but not a lot.

I had not said anything about your claim but I cannot see how an MP can change the rules on their own like that in a matter of days unless they have been told something other than the truth in which case the rules will not have been changed.
  • real1314
    real1314 Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    hey vronks, does it really say "J Murphy Appeals Officer" on your letter - is that verbatim?

It seems you may have set a precedent that may help a great number of people, it would be good if you could get the letter onto a hosting site and provide a link. :confused:
  • NASA_2
    NASA_2 Posts: 5,571 Forumite
    Options
    I still dont believe.
  • real1314
    Options
    Vronks,

Which office dealt with it? And which MP seems to have helped swing it for you?
  • healy
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Pls be nice to all MoneySavers. There's no such thing as a stupid question, and even if you disagree courtesy helps.
    arrow.gifTake care over copyright. Use excerpts and links rather than copying long text. This site asserts copyright on all comments posted on the board.

I think some of you on here should learn to read and stop being so discourteous.

My integrity speaks for itself, I am working in a military operation and have had to sign the OSA and had too many checks to mention but I really can't be bothered with the immature low-lifes on here who think putting silly avatars on here are clever, and others 'thanking' them for doing it. The ethos of MSE is lost on you. It is to promote positive and useful advice. Not to be critical and plain nasty. My conscience is clear yours leaves much to be desired.

It is a joke you quoting the above when you have just written "GFY" above.
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Options
    If by any chance this is true, which I very much doubt, then it seems to me to be an appalling abuse of an MP's powers. Perhaps another example of corruption in Parliament or the funny handshake brigade!
  • real1314
    Options
    Hi REal1314
    Because of the total nastiest of some of the people on here I don't feel obliged to divulge anything whilst I am still waiting for JCP to 'contact me shortly'. I almost feel like someone on here works in the JCP and will do their utmost try and meddle.

I am actually quite taken aback at the attitude of posters on here who seem to think they are being helpful yet are negative. If you read back on the original post someone had a pop at 'Marker' and they were offended by their comments too.

I have received a response from my MP's office to say how pleased he will be to receive my email of thanks. I shall also be handwriting a more personal letter this weekend.

An apology from some of these posters would be acceptable but that is obviously out of the question. I feel sorry for them, sour grapes and jealousy that I had the tenacity to push for my rights.

Send me a PM if you like?
  • mvengemvenge
    Options
    It is true. I'm sorry for your demeanour.

:money:

Your 'demeanour' on your first post, implying job centre staff are idiots (for applying the correct rules), says more about you than a thousand words.

No-one forced you to claim this benefit. No-one dragged you in off the street. You chose to make a claim. When you do that, you sign up to all the rules and regulations that go with it. The Government make the rules, not the 'idiots' who have to apply them.

Nearly every thread on here where people slag off DWP staff is because they don't agree with the benefit rules, or don't think they should apply to them (because they're special :rolleyes:). DWP staff who reply on here get attacked, but all they're ever saying to people is; 'The benefit rules are this......what don't you understand about them?'

There are two rules for back-dating. 1) You need to show you've been looking for work - provable. 2) You need to explain why you didn't claim straight away - I have never known this one allowed.

Write to your MP. Get them to change the rules. Good luck with that.
    Fokking Fokk!
  • healy
    First Anniversary
    Options
    It is true. I'm sorry for your demeanour.

:money:

There is no need to be sorry, I am not and it does not seem anyone else is either.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure